Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[21SEP19] Release Timeline: Don't miss your Crew Rest!

25 minutes ago, Spencer Yackee said:

Robert said last night in this thread "Check tomorrow morning."

Willing to bet there's been an issue.

Morning has pretty much passed in the US and Daytime GMT is about to turn into evening. Not feeling it today. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Welp time to move on with my day and fly something else.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

I think it's still going to be today. Plenty of daylight left in GMT. Looks like the new (great looking website) is up and running. Either way I think we will get an update today.

Just now, Tiberione said:

I think it's still going to be today. Plenty of daylight left in GMT. Looks like the new (great looking website) is up and running. Either way I think we will get an update today.

The website has been up since early evening yesterday. Also They said to check back in the AM today for more info. That has pretty much passed except in Hawaii, LOL

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I'd be willing to bet that if there has been an issue, it relates to the new website; it seemed that the 747-9i herself was ready to go.

Launching a new website alongside a new product sounds like a good idea in theory, but launching a new, untried website during a time when you'll experience some of the highest volumes of traffic and orders.. .probably not a bulletproof idea.

Edited by Spencer Yackee

1 minute ago, Spencer Yackee said:

I'd be willing to bet that if there has been an issue, it relates to the new website; it seemed that the 747-9i herself was ready to go.

Launching a new website alongside a new product sounds like a good idea in theory, but launching a new, untried website during a time when you'll experience some of the highest volumes of traffic and orders.. .probably not a bulletproof idea.

The web shop back end is the same old portal.

Zicheng Cai

5 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

The website has been up since early evening yesterday. Also They said to check back in the AM today for more info. That has pretty much passed except in Hawaii, LOL

Eh, I was just looking at daytime GMT. Few hours left there, plenty of daylight in sunny North America. I've been anxiously checking this forum for months, I need some hope on (planned) release day!

3 minutes ago, Spencer Yackee said:

I imagine PMDG would have done extensive stress testing on their new site before they deployed it .. likely a long time in the worms. There's always a chance of real-world issues but usually things are put through places before pushed commercially 

Maybe I'm just a hopeless hopeful.. either way, I've waited this long, I can wait a bit longer if I need to 🙂

I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

Whether it’s released today or next Friday at least we know it’s finished and  an 8i is coming our way.

Edited by JA806A
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ayster said:

it aint over till Randazzo sings!

I'd pay for an RSR singing announcements expansion. It replaces all verbal info in the cockpit with RSR. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

WOW almost 800 viewers on Chewwys Twitch Stream. Even PMDG is hanging out on his channel. Can't ask for better Hype than that. 

Dan

20 minutes ago, Tiberione said:

Eh, I was just looking at daytime GMT. Few hours left there, plenty of daylight in sunny North America. I've been anxiously checking this forum for months, I need some hope on (planned) release day!

GMT Daytime end exactily in this minute, hence no release as promoted. 😥

Regards, always three greens and happy landings,

Max

Aerospace Engineer and Private Pilot
TriStarbanner_zpsefe0294f.jpg
Flightdiary

As I read it, it never said it would be during daylight. Just during the day which goes to midnight.

But that is of course only my guess.

Best regards

Peter Lund

Quite the disappointment.

Edited by Spencer Yackee
  • Like 1