rsrandazzo

[21SEP19] Release Timeline: Don't miss your Crew Rest!

Got plenty of rest last night!

Super excited for release.

Michael O'Halloran

So its an expansion. Not possible, to just get the 747-8, cause I don't want the 747-400? 😄

Edited by oriusmagus

33 minutes ago, oriusmagus said:

So its an expansion. Not possible, to just get the 747-8, cause I don't want the 747-400? 😄

Nope as an expansion the base is needed ie the 744

Edited by Olympic260

Just now, vegasjon said:

Is it still "Daytime" in GMT?

It is currently 4:32PM GMT. So We still have a couple of hours. Could have hit a release snag as well. We just have to wait for a status update.

1 minute ago, Spencer Yackee said:

Robert said last night in this thread "Check tomorrow morning."

Willing to bet there's been an issue.

He was chatting in chewwys stream asking where he got it from. Im sure its still coming. They are probably working overtime to get it all setup

25 minutes ago, Spencer Yackee said:

Robert said last night in this thread "Check tomorrow morning."

Willing to bet there's been an issue.

Morning has pretty much passed in the US and Daytime GMT is about to turn into evening. Not feeling it today. 

I think it's still going to be today. Plenty of daylight left in GMT. Looks like the new (great looking website) is up and running. Either way I think we will get an update today.

Just now, Tiberione said:

I think it's still going to be today. Plenty of daylight left in GMT. Looks like the new (great looking website) is up and running. Either way I think we will get an update today.

The website has been up since early evening yesterday. Also They said to check back in the AM today for more info. That has pretty much passed except in Hawaii, LOL

I'd be willing to bet that if there has been an issue, it relates to the new website; it seemed that the 747-9i herself was ready to go.

Launching a new website alongside a new product sounds like a good idea in theory, but launching a new, untried website during a time when you'll experience some of the highest volumes of traffic and orders.. .probably not a bulletproof idea.

Edited by Spencer Yackee

1 minute ago, Spencer Yackee said:

I'd be willing to bet that if there has been an issue, it relates to the new website; it seemed that the 747-9i herself was ready to go.

Launching a new website alongside a new product sounds like a good idea in theory, but launching a new, untried website during a time when you'll experience some of the highest volumes of traffic and orders.. .probably not a bulletproof idea.

The web shop back end is the same old portal.

5 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

The website has been up since early evening yesterday. Also They said to check back in the AM today for more info. That has pretty much passed except in Hawaii, LOL

Eh, I was just looking at daytime GMT. Few hours left there, plenty of daylight in sunny North America. I've been anxiously checking this forum for months, I need some hope on (planned) release day!

3 minutes ago, Spencer Yackee said:

I imagine PMDG would have done extensive stress testing on their new site before they deployed it .. likely a long time in the worms. There's always a chance of real-world issues but usually things are put through places before pushed commercially 

Maybe I'm just a hopeless hopeful.. either way, I've waited this long, I can wait a bit longer if I need to 🙂

I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

Whether it’s released today or next Friday at least we know it’s finished and  an 8i is coming our way.

Edited by JA806A
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ayster said:

it aint over till Randazzo sings!

I'd pay for an RSR singing announcements expansion. It replaces all verbal info in the cockpit with RSR. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

WOW almost 800 viewers on Chewwys Twitch Stream. Even PMDG is hanging out on his channel. Can't ask for better Hype than that. 

20 minutes ago, Tiberione said:

Eh, I was just looking at daytime GMT. Few hours left there, plenty of daylight in sunny North America. I've been anxiously checking this forum for months, I need some hope on (planned) release day!

GMT Daytime end exactily in this minute, hence no release as promoted. 😥

As I read it, it never said it would be during daylight. Just during the day which goes to midnight.

But that is of course only my guess.