Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[22SEP18] Fantastic Video Preview of PMDG 747-8

Captains,

During the past few releases, Kyle has taken some time to create really nice, articulate, overview videos to show you what is coming.

I thought for sure we had too many things on his plate to expect another one, but he did it.

If you are eagerly awaiting the PMDG 747-8, or even mildly curious how different this airplane is from the PMDG 747-400, watch this video.

Will also allow you to put a voice to the face...erm... avatar....  

• Like 13
  • Upvote 2

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Tired as all get-out, but am going to watch that video!   Thanks for all you provide to the FS community.

Mark Trainer

Great video!  It has generated a question though please.  It was mentioned that the EFB will scan your sim folder for airports.  What if the airports (add-on airports for example) are located outside the main sim folder?  Such as the add-on folder in docs. or another drive.

For me, my sim is stored on E drive while my add-on airports are stored in G drive.

Thanks.  Appreciate all your hard work.  

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Thank you Kyle, excellent video, very well done.

Regards,

Jerry Friz

I was wondering, with the change of Overhead controls, will we be able to use our current LINDA configurations from 744?

Thanks,
Konstantin

1 hour ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Great video!  It has generated a question though please.  It was mentioned that the EFB will scan your sim folder for airports.  What if the airports (add-on airports for example) are located outside the main sim folder?  Such as the add-on folder in docs. or another drive.

For me, my sim is stored on E drive while my add-on airports are stored in G drive.

Thanks.  Appreciate all your hard work.  

If your airport addons work ok with p3d, I don't see the reason why it wouldnt work with the 747-8 sim. I have also p3d on my D drive and almost every addon on E drive. The only important thing is to let p3d '' know'' where to look for addons. Like correct file paths entered in simobjects, scenery, texture, effects... that are located in program data/Lockheed Martin folder. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

2 hours ago, skwaL said:

I was wondering, with the change of Overhead controls, will we be able to use our current LINDA configurations from 744?

Can't say as I do not have access to the -8 unfortunately.

But will check and modify as soon as possible

• Like 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great, thank you. Will the base 747-400 new installer require FS2Crew to issue an update?

8 minutes ago, moish said:

Great, thank you. Will the base 747-400 new installer require FS2Crew to issue an update?

You need to ask FS2Crew for this

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

6 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Captains,

During the past few releases, Kyle has taken some time to create really nice, articulate, overview videos to show you what is coming.

I thought for sure we had too many things on his plate to expect another one, but he did it.

If you are eagerly awaiting the PMDG 747-8, or even mildly curious how different this airplane is from the PMDG 747-400, watch this video.

Will also allow you to put a voice to the face...erm... avatar....  

Perfect Job, Lovely Lovely Lovely ❤️ . One question dear Robert ! does the Brake Accumulator Pressure Drop while no HYD-SYS is pressurized in the real 747-8 too ? or is Kyle pressing on the brakes ? thanks in advance.

-S.