Sign in to follow this  
Quackarov55

Looking for something fast, fun, and powered by propellers.

Hello everyone!

I am back with another request from the amazing AVSIM community.  I'm looking to do a tour with some friends across america and would like you're advice on what plane to use!  I am open to payware and freeware, although it has to be payware quality.  I would like the plane to have a cruise of somewhere around 160-180 kts and also have decent takeoff performance.  Like stated above it would need to be a prop plane.  It would be nice if the plane was at least "good" quality interior as I will be spending a hell of a lot of time with it.  Last thing, please no commercial level planes.  All three of us would like to use GA for this trip.  I would like to thank any of you who respond in advance!

Thanks much,

Andrew

sig_ProudSupporter.jpgCPilot.jpg

Okay, here's some less common aeroplanes you might like to consider...

Lionheart's Bellanca Turbo Viking, from their Super Viking Collection which, whilst being an FSX model which is fairly old now, does still look nice both inside and out and does work in P3D V4. Don't let its age put you off; it is a very good simulation of the real thing, and the real thing is an ideal aircraft for your plan: It can cruise at 210 mph because it has a twin-turbocharged  Lycoming IO-540 engine, it has a fairly long range,  a service ceiling of over 20,000 feet (and is fitted with oxygen, so you can definitely get up over weather). It can climb at 1,800 ft/min and has a decent autopilot, a good set of radio gear and a GPS and seats four, so it's fit for IFR as well as VFR long range touring. 

On top of all that, it's only 16 Euros from Simmarket. Definitely worth a look if you want a fun performance GA single.

If you fancy something a bit more unusual and aren't bothered about flying super fast, the Messerschmitt bf108 Taifun is an interesting touring aeroplane. It can be found at the Classics Hangar website. Again, this is theoretically an FSX rather than P3D add-on, but it is easy to get it to work in P3D if you remove the nesting of the texture folders.

If you want a more modern tourer, the Socata TB-20 offers something a little different. It can be found in Just Flights' Trinidad and Tobago TB10/TB20 add-on package.

Having said that, what could add a fun aspect to your planned virtual trip, would be to consider one of A2A's AccuSim GA aeroplanes, such as their Commanche or Bonanza, since you'd have to consider engine management, wear and tear etc, over the duration of the trip, which might make it a more realistic, fun and engaging enterprise.

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

35 minutes ago, Chock said:

Okay, here's some less common aeroplanes you might like to consider...

Lionheart's Bellanca Turbo Viking, from their Super Viking Collection which, whilst being an FSX model which is fairly old now, does still look nice both inside and out and does work in P3D V4. Don't let its age put you off; it is a very good simulation of the real thing, and the real thing is an ideal aircraft for your plan: It can cruise at 210 mph because it has a twin-turbocharged  Lycoming IO-540 engine, it has a fairly long range,  a service ceiling of over 20,000 feet (and is fitted with oxygen, so you can definitely get up over weather). It can climb at 1,800 ft/min and has a decent autopilot, a good set of radio gear and a GPS and seats four, so it's fit for IFR as well as VFR long range touring. 

On top of all that, it's only 16 Euros from Simmarket. Definitely worth a look if you want a fun performance GA single.

If you fancy something a bit more unusual and aren't bothered about flying super fast, the Messerschmitt bf108 Taifun is an interesting touring aeroplane. It can be found at the Classics Hangar website. Again, this is theoretically an FSX rather than P3D add-on, but it is easy to get it to work in P3D if you remove the nesting of the texture folders.

If you want a more modern tourer, the Socata TB-20 offers something a little different. It can be found in Just Flights' Trinidad and Tobago TB10/TB20 add-on package.

Having said that, what could add a fun aspect to your planned virtual trip, would be to consider one of A2A's AccuSim GA aeroplanes, such as their Commanche or Bonanza, since you'd have to consider engine management, wear and tear etc, over the duration of the trip, which might make it a more realistic, fun and engaging enterprise.

Very nice suggestions!  I will check them all out.  Very appreciated!

sig_ProudSupporter.jpgCPilot.jpg

A2A is awesomesauce and my favorite planes. :)

I also love my MilViz Cessna 310R Redux; I think it's the nicest GA twin and is lots of fun to fly and really pretty.  Works nice with A2A Accu-Feel also.

• Like 1

Can’t go wrong with a2a stuff, their planes are beautiful!

Also Milviz C310R and I also really like their Beechcraft Baron B or E55.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

A2A- Bonanza, Commanche, or 182

Milviz- Baron or C310 Redux

• Like 1

Matt Wilson

You might want to check out the Manfred Jan C47. I know it's a larger transport  but the DC3 filled many different roles in it's long and storied life. You will not believe it's freeware when you see the quality, features and documentation you get. There's even a virtual FO to read check list and assist managing systems. Lots of fun.

• Like 1

Vic green