Sign in to follow this  
Dazzyt66

I know I’m late to the party, but...

Hi all,

After a disastrous experience of Flightgesr, I recently installed FS9 on my old Dell laptop (until I get a new one it won’t easily run fsx) and OMG I’m loving it!! 

I'm now trying to sift through the masses of info here to make it the best it can be. I currently get around 40fps so I’m assuming my questions below may impact this...?

My aim is (silly I know) tour the UK and then the world in a light aircraft (either Beechcraft SKA 300 or small jet).

Anyway, my key questions are:

Is FS Earth ok to use as scenery or will photographic packages be better for realism (eBay has a good selection of UK versions) or is there an alternative?

Best small prop or jet to accomplish the task?

Similar question about updating airports to be current(ish), I’m flying out of Doncaster and have seen new versions to buy but this seems an expensive way to go about it....

Any other key add on that will make it as realistic as possible.

Oh, and I don’t want to spend a fortune, although I’ll invest in planes, airports and scenery if they fit the bill!

Help me Obi Wans, you are my only hope!  🙂

This resource is flipping brilliant btw, I’m just trying to save myself some time...😉

Thanks in anticipation!

Daz

Ps I’m sorry to be a newbie at this late stage!

You might want to start with this for UK airports. Then also check out the UK2000 payware stuff.
http://www.uk2000scenery.com/newsite/My_Homepage_Files/Page22.html

Props there are millions of them pay and free. I'm sure you will get specific aircraft suggested. You might like to take a look at some Milton Shupe aircraft to start with. Great freeware!

• Like 1

Mark Daniels

11 minutes ago, Skywatcher said:

You might want to start with this for UK airports. Then also check out the UK2000 payware stuff.

Props there are millions of them pay and free. I'm sure you will get specific aircraft suggested. You might like to take a look at some Milton Shupe aircraft to start with. Great freeware!

Thanks for this. Had already downloaded the extreme demo of Donny airport and it looks really good! I was tempted to download all of these to update the UK, so think I’ll do that now... 👍

The extreme versions are great! For UK the UK2000 stuff is fantastic. Aerosoft make a payware Heathrow and there is also a UK2000 version. Bit of a search will bring up plenty of opinions on these. 

You'll want to start playing with ground textures, cloud textures, water textures to further enhance FS9. There's heaps out there to look for, download and play with. If you have a wife, good time to tell her you are now a flight simmer and no longer have time available for the things you did in the past.

• Like 1

Mark Daniels

11 minutes ago, Skywatcher said:

The extreme versions are great! For UK the UK2000 stuff is fantastic. Aerosoft make a payware Heathrow and there is also a UK2000 version. Bit of a search will bring up plenty of opinions on these. 

You'll want to start playing with ground textures, cloud textures, water textures to further enhance FS9. There's heaps out there to look for, download and play with. If you have a wife, good time to tell her you are now a flight simmer and no longer have time available for the things you did in the past.

Ha ha ha ha we’ve already had that conversation! Lol

Yeah, I’ve noticed there is loads of stuff out there, which is why I’m trying to get some steerage in the right direction to avoid a few blind alleys (hopefully)!

😀

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dazzyt66 said:

Ha ha ha ha we’ve already had that conversation! Lol

😀

Excellent! You got to break it to them as early as possible. Too much to ask to deal with both a flight sim and a wife together. lol

Mark Daniels

If you want some UK realism in terms of scenery for FS2004, then you'd be hard pressed to do better than this combination:

https://www.justflight.com/product/vfr-real-scenery-volume-1-southeast-england-download (see sidepanel of this link for other volumes.)

Then, for a load of freebie UK2000 scenery (used to be payware), check this out:

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

4 hours ago, Chock said:

If you want some UK realism in terms of scenery for FS2004, then you'd be hard pressed to do better than this combination:

https://www.justflight.com/product/vfr-real-scenery-volume-1-southeast-england-download (see sidepanel of this link for other volumes.)

Then, for a load of freebie UK2000 scenery (used to be payware), check this out:

So would you say the vfr disks are better than FS World?

Im downloading the uk2000 stuff as well. Thanks 🙂

When you get to the US look up Mach-1 in the scenery library here. They've done a bunch of freeware airports that really fill some gaps. Not super detailed but they're still very good and easy on the frames.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dazzyt66 said:

Excellent! Thanks! Just need to decide what is good now... 😔

I decided to fly above the USA. I usually fly short airline routes from large airport to large airport. There is alot of scenery for the US. I dont fly in other regions.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, meesterlijk said:

I decided to fly above the USA. I usually fly short airline routes from large airport to large airport. There is alot of scenery for the US. I dont fly in other regions.

Yeah, I’m doing a similar thing around UK, then off across Europe and around the world. I guess I will look up scenery and airports as I go and as I build my FS world... 🙂

• Upvote 1

On 9/23/2018 at 2:55 PM, Dazzyt66 said:

Yeah, I’m doing a similar thing around UK, then off across Europe and around the world. I guess I will look up scenery and airports as I go and as I build my FS world... 🙂

There is so much to discover. You will find out all along. 

• Like 1