Sign in to follow this  
Tivec

PFPX profile for the 747-8

10 minutes ago, Ralgh said:

I am using PFPX for testing and just started out with the 747-400 profile and played with the bias and made a few other changes for the weights and all and came up with a profile that seems to work. There were changes made to the plane during testing so I have had to tweak it as we went along. On my last flight the projected fuel burn was pretty close to the actual burn so it seems to work.

Do you mind sharing a screenshot of your tweaked profile? Thank you!

Alex Pugh

11 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Do you mind sharing a screenshot of your tweaked profile? Thank you!

Alex Pugh

I second the request. If you wouldn't mind sharing, you would make a lot of us happy!

For those who follow the PMDG 777/747 +QW 787 group on Facebook, a PFPX 747-8i profile was just uploaded by a member, and he said the Freighter will soon follow..  I installed it into PFPX, and it loaded the profile just fine.  Haven't tested it yet.....I still lack a test aircraft at the moment.  

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

11 minutes ago, 559AS said:

For those who follow the PMDG 777/747 +QW 787 group on Facebook, a PFPX 747-8i profile was just uploaded by a member, and he said the Freighter will soon follow..  I installed it into PFPX, and it loaded the profile just fine.  Haven't tested it yet.....I still lack a test aircraft at the moment.  

But there is no performance file for it yet.

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

27 minutes ago, 559AS said:

I downloaded that particular profile, and ran two identical flight plans (TJSJ-ENGM, as a test flight. roughly 08:20 flight time). One through Simbrief, which gave me a block fuel of 109 045kg, and the profile from the group gave me a block fuel of 121 534kg.

I believe the profile might work in the end, but the fuel difference is quite large. I'll run a few tests and try to find the closest values once the aircraft is out and ready to rumble.

Kyle has mentioned elsewhere that he has used the Simbrief one and it seems to be pretty good. I too am waiting on a accurate pax and cargo version for PFPX.

Eric 

44 minutes ago, Tivec said:

I downloaded that particular profile, and ran two identical flight plans (TJSJ-ENGM, as a test flight. roughly 08:20 flight time). One through Simbrief, which gave me a block fuel of 109 045kg, and the profile from the group gave me a block fuel of 121 534kg.

I believe the profile might work in the end, but the fuel difference is quite large. I'll run a few tests and try to find the closest values once the aircraft is out and ready to rumble.

That's a big difference. Imagine the spread difference on a 12hr flight. Something wrong there.....

Eric 

1 hour ago, Ralgh said:

I am using PFPX for testing and just started out with the 747-400 profile and played with the bias and made a few other changes for the weights and all and came up with a profile that seems to work. There were changes made to the plane during testing so I have had to tweak it as we went along. On my last flight the projected fuel burn was pretty close to the actual burn so it seems to work.

Can you please share this with us?

Eric 

5 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

Simbrief does a very good job there. I am a PFPX user my self but had no issues at all using simbrief for calculating my -8 flights.

How does the export to the PMDG/Flightplans/747 folder work? And can you export to the Vatsim Prefile website?

Eric 

9 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

For that you need to ask Boeing, as these are their data 🙂

Actually, no.  We need your data now, not Boeing's data.😁.  You guys have now created the aircraft.  You may have used their data, but the aircraft is now yours.  You may have made changes for sim purposes or whatever, but the variants are now yours.  It's those small little changes that can be important, especially on longer flights.

• Like 4

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

23 minutes ago, B777ER said:

How does the export to the PMDG/Flightplans/747 folder work? And can you export to the Vatsim Prefile website?

Idk about Vatsim prefile never tried it.  However the export is done via the Simbrief download tool available on its website.  It's the same tool used to incorporate Active Sky winds.  When it's all done you'll have the option to download the PDF for the flight plan and export the CDU flightplan.

@Ralgh I'd also like a copy of what differences you feel generous.  I find Simbrief not complex enough for my tastes and I can't stand their OFP formats.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

I started with the 747-400 GE profile, changed the weights, set the cruise fuel bias to -17% and changed to optimum altitude adjustment to +2000. I may actually have to change the altitude adjustment though because about half the time the step climb is just past the TOC. I seem to remember adjusting the climb fuel bias too but I can't for the life of me remember where I did that. It's not a real performance profile but it seems to get me pretty accurate fuel burns. 

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

2 minutes ago, jlohrenz said:

Don't expect much from PFPX developers.  There have been many waiting for updated profiles for payware aircraft released this year to no avail.

Yeah, true.  I'm actually kind of hoping that Simbrief will get beefed up, especially since it's integrated in projectfly, which will become the pilot client for POSCON.  That would make for a one-stop-shop.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

1 hour ago, Ralgh said:

I started with the 747-400 GE profile, changed the weights, set the cruise fuel bias to -17% and changed to optimum altitude adjustment to +2000. I may actually have to change the altitude adjustment though because about half the time the step climb is just past the TOC. I seem to remember adjusting the climb fuel bias too but I can't for the life of me remember where I did that. It's not a real performance profile but it seems to get me pretty accurate fuel burns. 

Thanks Tom, I'll give it a shot when I get back from my trip in a week.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries