Sign in to follow this  
Tivec

PFPX profile for the 747-8

Hello,

Since I use PFPX exclusively for flight planning (not takeoff and landing calculations, mind, really looking forward to the EFB for that), is there anyone that - during the beta, or in preparation for release - has made a profile for the aircraft and its variants?

Excited to hear about the imminent release of the -8, it has been a long wait.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Tivec said:

Hello,

Since I use PFPX exclusively for flight planning (not takeoff and landing calculations, mind, really looking forward to the EFB for that), is there anyone that - during the beta, or in preparation for release - has made a profile for the aircraft and its variants?

Excited to hear about the imminent release of the -8, it has been a long wait.

There are no public data available needed for the PFPX profile to be created accurately. The one simbrief has is pretty accurate and this is what was used during the beta from the testers for flight planning purposes.

Edited by Olympic260

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

2 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

There are no public data available needed for the PFPX profile to be created accurately. The one simbrief has is pretty accurate and this is what was used for flight planning purposes. 

Alright. Will said data be available after release so someone can create a profile?

Just now, Tivec said:

Alright. Will said data be available after release so someone can create a profile?

For that you need to ask Boeing, as these are their data 🙂

Chris Makris

Just now, Olympic260 said:

For that you need to ask Boeing, as these are their data 🙂

Well, that's sad to hear. My question then falls to Simbrief - how they got a hold of the data required to build their profile. But for that I'll contact Simbrief. Thanks for taking your time to answer.

2 hours ago, Tivec said:

Well, that's sad to hear. My question then falls to Simbrief - how they got a hold of the data required to build their profile. But for that I'll contact Simbrief. Thanks for taking your time to answer.

You are trying to use their information on a competitor software, not likely they’ll help but lets see

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Just now, captainsazzman said:

You are trying to use their information on a competitor software, not likely they’ll help but lets see 

Yeah, not likely.

3 minutes ago, jay907uk said:

I think we're going to struggle with PFPX without an accurate profile.

Simbrief does a very good job there. I am a PFPX user my self but had no issues at all using simbrief for calculating my -8 flights.

• Like 1

Chris Makris

6 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

Simbrief does a very good job there. I am a PFPX user my self but had no issues at all using simbrief for calculating my -8 flights.

Chris,

I only use PFPX. Having never used simbrief I'm presuming it's fairly easy to use?

Jason Thompson

8 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

Does the Simbrief profile also work on the cargo variant of the aircraft? I fly the heavies exclusively as cargo, so passenger models are irrelevant to me.

4 minutes ago, jay907uk said:

Chris,

I only use PFPX. Having never used simbrief I'm presuming it's fairly easy to use?

Yes very easy. create the aiplane profile you want and put weights etc.

2 minutes ago, Tivec said:

Does the Simbrief profile also work on the cargo variant of the aircraft? I fly the heavies exclusively as cargo, so passenger models are irrelevant to me.

You can create any aircraft profile you want. Select the -8 put the correct weights to correspod with your plane and you are all set.

What I like in simbrief and would like PFPX to had is that shows your route in the SIG WX chart,

• Like 1

Chris Makris

I've just noticed I've got Qsimplanner and that has the 747-8 profile. Have never used it before though.

Jaosn

Jason Thompson

Ok agreed not ideal but I’ll probably create another profile with new weights but using the 400 fuel data and then adjust the fuel bias to match that of the more efficient -8 engines.

Big drama there is when taking off at high gross weights (above the 400 MTOW) PFPX may run into performance data problems. 

Not sure if these 400 fuel/performance  profiles are adjustable behind the PFPX scenes. I haven’t had a look yet. 

I am using PFPX for testing and just started out with the 747-400 profile and played with the bias and made a few other changes for the weights and all and came up with a profile that seems to work. There were changes made to the plane during testing so I have had to tweak it as we went along. On my last flight the projected fuel burn was pretty close to the actual burn so it seems to work.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg