Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Could we ask for more ?

This being an update of XP11, and not really the announcement of XP12, I can't really figure out how they could feed in so many features and updates ! And there's still Vulkan to come….

Kudos to LR !

And, btw, along the read we can see yet another reference to cooperation with a sophisticated A320 simulation for real pilot training !

https://www.thresholdx.net/news/xp1130

Edited by Von Target
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Someone's head will roll for that leak.  That was not supposed to go public yet.  It was password protected for a reason.

Edited by GoranM

44 minutes ago, GoranM said:

Someone's head will roll for that leak.  That was not supposed to go public yet.  It was password protected for a reason.

I doubt it, it has Austin's writing style all over it 🙂 .

Well,

I got it from public domain, no strict access required. Anyway, I can no longer erase the link because editing of the post has expired...

Edited by Von Target

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

The original changelog was, as I said, password protected.  I'm not saying your head will roll.  I said someone's will.  This is a very big deal.

Goran,

honestly I only hope all of our heads roll, sooner or later, with the announced features and updates to previous ones… I mean, Roll, Pitch and Yaw, while experimenting with it 🙂 - mine will for sure while trying some aerobatics with the new FDM ….

Edited by Von Target

Main Simulation Rig:

2 hours ago, GoranM said:

The original changelog was, as I said, password protected.  I'm not saying your head will roll.  I said someone's will.  This is a very big deal.

hm. password protected. If you don't want anybody to see, then don't link it to the net. Passwords can be hacked, if it is needed to hack the password at all (is the file itself encrypted, or only the access to it?). 

Of course, if you password protect it, then it is meant not to be touched, whoever managed to get it published, could be liable, except maybe the original author.

What I wanted to say a few posts above, part of the article has Austins writing style, excessive use of CAPITALS included. I didn't want to imply he was the mysterious source.

Now the waiting game has started again 🙂 .

I don't care about whether heads will roll or not, I wanna see that new ATC thing; see if its worth the 20 year wait! 👨‍⚖️🕯️📏

46 minutes ago, pracines said:

I don't care about whether heads will roll or not, I wanna see that new ATC thing; see if its worth the 20 year wait! 👨‍⚖️🕯️📏

My guess is, it will be quite basic at the beginning, but will come with a strong foundation for a future complete logic. At least, from what Chris said, the bugs that make it unusable until now should be solved.

• Upvote 1

I confess I am more into the new flight dynamics and engines stuff ...

Main Simulation Rig:

I'm all in favor of letting the source of the leak get away with a slap on the wrist.

A leaked, yet informative statement is so much better than the usual, hollow "We've got some extiting stuff coming! Stay tuned!".

• Like 4

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

54 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

I'm all in favor of letting the source of the leak get away with a slap on the wrist.

A leaked, yet informative statement is so much better than the usual, hollow "We've got some extiting stuff coming! Stay tuned!".

The downside is disappointment in the user base if a feature ends up not working well enough. And even more disappointment if the feature gets pulled out of the final release. I assume that's one reason why there is a private beta and password-protected feature list in the first place.

I still remember hearing about a feature -- maybe a year ago? -- where they had worked out a way to show more appropriate water colors in shallow areas and tropical regions, instead of that slate blue water color everywhere. It was expected to be in a current beta or final, but it never showed up. If it wasn't going to make the cut, I'd prefer not knowing about it.

P.S. as a side note, I still hope they can figure out how to do that. We can install small custom airport and region files that use orthos or hand colored bitmaps for tropical water, but ideally this is something the sim should generate in the terrain engine, from whatever data sources are available.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

6 hours ago, Paraffin said:

The downside is disappointment in the user base if a feature ends up not working well enough. And even more disappointment if the feature gets pulled out of the final release. I assume that's one reason why there is a private beta and password-protected feature list in the first place.

I still remember hearing about a feature -- maybe a year ago? -- where they had worked out a way to show more appropriate water colors in shallow areas and tropical regions, instead of that slate blue water color everywhere. It was expected to be in a current beta or final, but it never showed up. If it wasn't going to make the cut, I'd prefer not knowing about it.

P.S. as a side note, I still hope they can figure out how to do that. We can install small custom airport and region files that use orthos or hand colored bitmaps for tropical water, but ideally this is something the sim should generate in the terrain engine, from whatever data sources are available.

EXACTLY!!