Sign in to follow this  
moish

New PMDG 747-400 Installer Coming

Dear Team,

It have been announced that with the release of the 747-8 today, PMDG will issue a new installer for the 747-400 as well, in order to reinstall the product after modifications.

Will this need to wait for a newer version of FS2Crew as well or can the current version be used with it? Was this verified?

Appreciate your advice

Current version of FS2Crew should work with the 400.  I haven't tested it with PMDG's new installer, but I don't expect any issues.

FS2Crew will not work out of the box with the -8 model.  We'll have to see what they've done with the ECL first.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Does anyone know if FS2Crew will work with the new version of the 747-400 that was released as part of the 747-8 expansion ?

FinnJ

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

2 hours ago, Wothan said:

Does anyone know if FS2Crew will work with the new version of the 747-400 that was released as part of the 747-8 expansion ?

FinnJ

It'll work with the 400 out of the box.

But not the 8 model.  We have to evaluate the ECL... the ECL is the critical thing (interfacing with it).

1 hour ago, byork said:

But not the 8 model.  We have to evaluate the ECL... the ECL is the critical thing (interfacing with it).

Yes completely understand it takes time 

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

On 9/23/2018 at 3:55 PM, byork said:

Hi there,

I disagree. Since PMDG provided a new Installer for the 747-400 to work with the 747-8 Expansion RAAS does not work on 744 either. And it does not work with the 747-8 Expansion.

Will this be fixed?

Edited by bodom

Best regards,

Bodo Müller

A Virtual Airline for Polar and Atlas Air
33885879kz.png
AVSIM Member since November 1998 

2 hours ago, aushie said:

RAAS works fine for me on both 

Okay, then please tell me why RAAS is not working on my PMDG 747/747-8.

Best regards,

Bodo Müller

A Virtual Airline for Polar and Atlas Air
33885879kz.png
AVSIM Member since November 1998 

Here's from another user who had a similar issue in the PMDG 777, which also uses RAAS.

Hello Fellow Sim Pilots!! Hey Bryan, just wanted to add to the thread here and hopefully help out. I had a couple problem that I solved after reading some threads abroad and here as well, I have seemed to have solved my problem;

• Problem #1; RAAS Master Switch (on/off) would not remain checked,

• Solution #1; I learned that RAAS must be activated in BOTH the PMDG configuration manager and within EACH aircraft livery in my fleet. From the FMC main menu (MENU > PMDG SETUP > AIRCRAFT > EQUIPMENT > Page 6/13)

• Problem #2; RAAS Master Volume Slider would consistently "slide" full left (turn completely down) after about 50-60 seconds.

• Solution #2; I read every message within this thread most of which all I had done with one exception (I didn't do a system reboot or a re-install of PMDG 777)........The master volume within the FMC was at 50%, in addition, I have the computer/system volume around 25% (I'm running Realtek HD Audio Manager plugged into a Logitech stereo 2.1 but it's quite loud which is why I had the volume lowered). I maxed out the volume setting in both the FMC, and the computer system master volume and now control the volume with the rolling wheel. I also notice that the PMDG 777 "Polls/updates" every 50-60 seconds to take what I think is a "snapshot" of the aircraft settings and makes adjustments based on the FMC inputs, which explains why the volume would leap back to zero after 50-60 seconds. So no matter how many times you save and exit, the FMC will win  :mad:. The slider does not go completely to the right now but its within the upper 75%. I am by no means a "computer guy" I just love this hobby. Hopefully this will help out.  B)

I also wanted to add that I am running Windows 8.1, because of this, FSX is installed in a folder within the "C" drive and NOT in Program files. Program files have a number of aggressive securities. In the past, 8.0 and 8.1 prevented me from running an array of high quality add-on payware. I always INSTALL AND RUN programs as admin and I leave my UAC disabled as this computer is for simming only. I do run McAfee but I completley disable for installs. Ever since 95% of the time things all run without a hitch. 

6 hours ago, bodom said:

Okay, then please tell me why RAAS is not working on my PMDG 747/747-8.

All I had to do was enable FS 2 crew again after I reinstalled my aircraft and all was fine. Sorry your having troubles hope you get it sorted 

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

Just wondering if anyone else is having an engine anti-ice and wing anti-ice issue after installing the recent PMDG-400/-8 undate.

Since the install during the reading of the before taxi checklist (button version) my guy announces engine anti-ice and wing anti-ice is “ON” but it’s not. This happens in all default startup panel states.

PMDG problem or FS2crew?

thx

IM