Sign in to follow this  
kurtb

PMDG 747-8 Being released today

1 hour ago, Gabe777 said:

Seriously, you cannot have both the 400 and 800 at the same time ?

Crazy.

Bet its 50 bucks at least. On top of the 100 for the 400.

Someone will be able yo buy a real one soon.

try $70😨

You can have both the -400 and -800 at the same time, but you need to uninstall the -400 first and download the new update just released today (no microupdate through operations center).

23 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

You can have both the -400 and -800 at the same time, but you need to uninstall the -400 first and download the new update just released today (no microupdate through operations center).

Yup, me bring dumb.... tired !

Looks nice actually, but still have room for classic 747, but the new rain effects in November will be welcomed !

$70? What happened to “slightly” increased prices? This is more then double of what the 777-300 expansion cost!

I feel ripped off actually. The 744 was already very expensive and I purchased under the impression the 748 would be added shortly thereafter, for pricing in line with previous upgrades. Never mind that it took years and years for this to come out - now it costs as much as standalone product at most other vendors. Frankly, i think they are seeing what they can get away with. 

I already payed full price twice for FSX and P3D versions of the same products (737, 777) and I think I’m done paying these prices. 

Edited by alepro21
  • Like 4

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

37 minutes ago, alepro21 said:

$70? What happened to “slightly” increased prices? This is more then double of what the 777-300 expansion cost!

I feel ripped off actually. The 744 was already very expensive and I purchased under the impression the 748 would be added shortly thereafter, for pricing in line with previous upgrades. Never mind that it took years and years for this to come out - now it costs as much as standalone product at most other vendors. Frankly, i think they are seeing what they can get away with. 

I already payed full price twice for FSX and P3D versions of the same products (737, 777) and I think I’m done paying these prices. 

I don't understand RSR's wording at all.  He said slightly more expensive and its more than double....why not just say it was a much bigger job than we anticipated and we have to charge much more than a typical expansion pack.  Anyway, the big issue for me is how few carriers use it, I don't really fly cargo very much and never fly any of the pax carriers.  I am sure its great but from a practical point of view I know I will not fly it very much so will happily stick with the -400.

• Like 2

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I thought the expansion pack would cost $35 or $40 but $70? No thank you. Like MarkV said, not enough airlines fly the 8 so not worth it for me. But thank you for the 400 update! Cheers.

Edited by Le Français
  • Like 3

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

There is no way I'll buy it at that price................Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Can do without looks like.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Crikey 100 Aussie dollars plus for an “expansion pack”!  This is getting rediculous PMDG are really getting into charging what they think the market will bare.  Outside the US current exchange rates make this just about a prohibitive purchase - particularly when you consider how few airlines fly the 747-800 in real life.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Judging by some of the other comments, the virtual 748 may well have the same commercial fate as its real-world counterpart (never made any money for Boeing).

I don’t think that’s the realistic simulation PMDG had in mind 😉

• Upvote 2

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

if anyone wants the QRH 748 and checklist flows send me a pm ive got it.  mate of mine works for a 748 operator and sent them to me yesterday.

its 2.6 mb

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

6 hours ago, MarkW said:

.why not just say it was a much bigger job than we anticipated and we have to charge much more than a typical expansion pack.  

He actually did say that in this post.

Specifically here:

“A few things we want you to know, **before** we get into the drama of the release weekend:

Massive PMDG 747-400 Update:  Our original plan (circa 2012, when the 747 project was launched) was that the PMDG 747-8 Queen of the Skies II would overlay the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II with the same ease as the PMDG 777-300ER overlaid the PMDG 777-200LR.  Oh how wrong we were...

We were so, so wrong... 

From a technology, the 747-400 and 747-8 are entirely different machines.  Most of this is related to the data and processing functions inherent to the 747-8, and this caused us to have to do a massive amount of reconstruction on the 747-400.  What probably SHOULD have happened, is that we SHOULD have simply announced that the PMDG 747-8 was going to become a stand-alone product and called it a wrap.

We wrestled with this, since we had already told you that the PMDG 747-8 was to be an expansion, so we stuck to that plan and probably absorbed an extra 7-9 months of development time on account of it.”

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

As I understand it, to fly the 747-8 in P3dv4 I need to purchase the 747-400 base pack at $139.99 ($A191.87) then update to the 787-8 for $69.99 ($A95.93). For about $A300, as good at the PMDG products are, there is no way I can afford this price. I have the 737 NGX and 777 both with their expansion packs in FSX and Prepar3d. Surely, PMDG could consider some sort of reduced price for loyal customers, similar to what AS offer for owners of previous Airbus purchases, or maybe make the 747-8 a separate standalone product to make it affordable.

Edited by JustanotherPilot
  • Like 2

steve southey