Sign in to follow this  
virtualflying

ChasePlane randomly stops working and nothing I do fixes it

Hi all

ChasePlane has been acting weird these past few weeks and I don't know why. I will start my sim like usual and start preflight, when all of a sudden my camera stops working. I use the in-sim UI to see that I have no camera presets at all. If I go to the actual ChasePlane program, it does show all my presets. I can't use CP at all until it fixes itself which took around 15 minutes yesterday.

Restarting CP doesn't even fix the problem. The only way to fix it is just wait. Running P3D v4.3 and tried both experimental and stable CP. Has this problem been seen before?

We've seen this in some situations but we  haven't found a common reason for it to happen.

Can you generate a Report file from the Preferences when it's forzen and send the file over to us?

Do you have an antivirus installed?

Is it doing it with all aircraft?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hey Keven

I sent the file to the oldprop email, it's from virtualflyinginstagram@gmail.com.

I don't have an active antivirus on my PC, and it does happen with all aircraft.

I had a look at the log and it looks like a device disconnected just before you made the report file, could it be a controller or something like that?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I did have an Xbox 360 controller connected to my PC but it doesn't have any key assignments with any flight sim program.

I sent another log after being away from my PC for a few hours, and with the Xbox 360 controller not turned on at all (batteries out) just for good measure. Same email as before

I'm having the same problem within my FSX SE and PREPAREDv4, with any aircraft. It could be a Windows Update, but right now both sims are down.

12 hours ago, virtualflying said:

I sent another log after being away from my PC for a few hours, and with the Xbox 360 controller not turned on at all (batteries out) just for good measure.

Thanks, I'll have a look at that

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I also see the following:

Changing Camera Mode to 1
Changing Camera Mode to 2
Changing Camera Mode to 193
Changing Camera Mode to 2
Changing Camera Mode to 73
Changing Camera Mode to 6

ChasePlane only uses 1,2,3 and 4. Are you using other simulator cameras as well (that are not ChasePlane labeled)?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

No, I only use ChasePlane for camera views. I believe that was me trying to troubleshoot, and switching to default views (right click menu then something like VC only)

I have the latest report file you sent me, all seems fine with regards to what we discussed earlier about the camera modes.

From what I can identify, 2 out of the 3 reports you sent have USB Disconnected entries in them but they don't seem to affect the devices ChasePlane is using.

Would you be available for a Remote Desktop session for me to research the issue?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42