Sign in to follow this  
X P Flyer

REP Plane not starting as usual

I have the same problem than a few days ago and I had to reinstall the REP and GTN750 to solved the issue. However, I am trying to understand what is going on this time. The plane opens normally and GTN 750 and 650  are also working properly. However, the plane won't start and i dont hear the flap noises when playing with them. What is the problem?

Btw; the Laminar 172 is working properly.

Notice; the only procedure I did before opening the plane was to update XPUIPC and Pilot2atc

Seems to be a battery issue. I recharged trought the Maintenaqnce report and everything ok now eventough the GTN's were usable with a discharged battery

HI,

power source option is the X-Plane dataref the GTN reads to know if there is power. Complex aircraft often 'implement' their own electrical system and this can't be tapped into automagically. We can always add support for new datarefs in new updates but only if these are standard X-Plane datarefs.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I have a problem in that all REP aircraft with either the GTN or the GNS start with them turned on even though the ini files have the Avionics Bus defined to start them.

If you can walk away it's a good landing

Hi,

thank you for the feedback. We'll add a new power source option in the next update. Can you please help us with this?

1) Download and install dataref editor.

2) Check the value of these datarefs:

"sim/cockpit/electrical/avionics_on"
"sim/cockpit/electrical/battery_on"

these are the datarefs the GTN reads depending on the 'Power Source' setting.

Are these datarefs consistent with the REP aircraft state? (i.e. with REP all-off, REP with avionics switch on, etc...)

3) Then can you please check and report if this other dataref is consistent with the REP aircraft state:

"sim/cockpit2/electrical/bus_volts"

NB: it is an array of values and you can use the horizontal slider at the bottom of the dararef editor window to visualize other array indices than 0.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)