Jump to content

rsrandazzo

[22SEP18] PMDG 747-400 QOTSII: Major Update Released

Recommended Posts

Captains,

For those of you flying the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II:  We have just released a major update to this product that you will want to download.

To obtain the update, you MUST follow these instructions:

  1. Go to PMDG eCommerce and log in to your account
  2. Go to your purchase history.
  3. Redownload your PMDG 747-400
  4. uninstall the version currently in use on your machine. (DO NOT DEACTIVATE YOUR LICENSE.  This is not necessary and wastes your time.)
  5. Install the new 747-400 (is build 3.00.9008)

 

That is all you need to accomplish!

Why Not A Micro-Update?:

It was necessary to make MASSIVE core changes to the 747-400 in order for the base product to carry the PMDG 747-8 as an expansion package.  For this reason, we want to be absolutely certain you have the correct and properly installed base package in order to smooth the user experience and minimize fuss on the support side.

We simply want to wear belt and braces, for lack of a better way to describe it!

Please don't worry about the servers... we distribute via cloud servers so you will get the fastest server available in your part of the world... 

How to know I have the correct version?:

Easy!  Run the PMDG Operations Center, and go to the 747-400 Versions button.  You should see this:

PMDGOCCapture.jpg

And now... on to releasing the 748!

 

Edited by rsrandazzo
  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, rsrandazzo said:

we distribute via cloud servers so you will get the fastest server available in your part of the world... 

Really?? <100KB/s here in London, even using a 370MB/s fibre-optic internet connection. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, tfm said:

Really?? <100KB/s here in London, even using a 370MB/s fibre-optic internet connection. 

I just downloaded at over 2MB/s in UK. And a small nit pick, you've got 370Mb/s, not 370MB/s.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, squerble said:

I just downloaded at over 2MB/s in UK. And a small nit pick, you've got 370Mb/s, not 370MB/s.

4.5~5Mb/s. No issues

Edited by calzonister

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

Captains,

For those of you flying the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II:  We have just released a major update to this product that you will want to download.

To obtain the update, you MUST follow these instructions:

  1. Go to PMDG eCommerce and log in to your account
  2. Go to your purchase history.
  3. Redownload your PMDG 747-400
  4. uninstall the version currently in use on your machine. (DO NOT DEACTIVATE YOUR LICENSE.  This is not necessary and wastes your time.)
  5. Install the new 747-400 (is build 3.00.9008)

 

That is all you need to accomplish!

Why Not A Micro-Update?:

It was necessary to make MASSIVE core changes to the 747-400 in order for the base product to carry the PMDG 747-8 as an expansion package.  For this reason, we want to be absolutely certain you have the correct and properly installed base package in order to smooth the user experience and minimize fuss on the support side.

We simply want to wear belt and braces, for lack of a better way to describe it!

Please don't worry about the servers... we distribute via cloud servers so you will get the fastest server available in your part of the world... 

And now... on to releasing the 748!

 

Rob, thank you for implementing the 5' EGPWS callout option, among many other things. I am happy to see that my documentation was forwarded to you!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Downloading but as some other the speed is really very very slow. about 5/600KB/s with the fiber connection I have that's slow if I was on ADSL that would be great 😛 Either too many people or the servers are not yet in boost mode for the releas, or not yet replicated on CDN servers around the world.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

How about the leftover files from the old install (options, panelstates, various Aircraft .inis and hours) ?

Still valid for the new install - or should those be deleted ?.

 

FinnJ

Share this post


Link to post

Still flying the 400 to KPAE so will update after I land!

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Wothan said:

How about the leftover files from the old install (options, panelstates, various Aircraft .inis and hours) ?

Still valid for the new install - or should those be deleted ?.

 

FinnJ

I would neve re-use old panel states. Delete them and re-create them, if necessary.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Wothan said:

How about the leftover files from the old install (options, panelstates, various Aircraft .inis and hours) ?

Still valid for the new install - or should those be deleted ?.

 

FinnJ

The post say to uninstall so probably better to not keep anything. Or keep those on the side for later if working fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, elaaidi said:

 

We are planning to release the PMDG 747-8 during the day on Saturday, GMT

who cares its nearly here!

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Ayster said:

who cares its nearly here!

its the principle. you say something and as a company you need to stick to your word

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Anders Bermann said:

I would neve re-use old panel states. Delete them and re-create them, if necessary.

Yeah - I have decided to do so - better spend some minutes getting it setup again, than running into strange problems.

Finn J

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...