Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[22SEP18] PMDG 747-400 QOTSII: Major Update Released

Captains,

For those of you flying the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II:  We have just released a major update to this product that you will want to download.

To obtain the update, you MUST follow these instructions:

1. Go to PMDG eCommerce and log in to your account
  2. Go to your purchase history.
  3. Redownload your PMDG 747-400
  4. uninstall the version currently in use on your machine. (DO NOT DEACTIVATE YOUR LICENSE.  This is not necessary and wastes your time.)
  5. Install the new 747-400 (is build 3.00.9008)

That is all you need to accomplish!

Why Not A Micro-Update?:

It was necessary to make MASSIVE core changes to the 747-400 in order for the base product to carry the PMDG 747-8 as an expansion package.  For this reason, we want to be absolutely certain you have the correct and properly installed base package in order to smooth the user experience and minimize fuss on the support side.

We simply want to wear belt and braces, for lack of a better way to describe it!

Please don't worry about the servers... we distribute via cloud servers so you will get the fastest server available in your part of the world... 

How to know I have the correct version?:

Easy!  Run the PMDG Operations Center, and go to the 747-400 Versions button.  You should see this:

PMDGOCCapture.jpg

And now... on to releasing the 748!

Edited by rsrandazzo
  • Like 15

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

BAM!  It feels good to be 1st once in a while - LOL

Edited by AirCanada235
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, rsrandazzo said:

we distribute via cloud servers so you will get the fastest server available in your part of the world... 

Really?? <100KB/s here in London, even using a 370MB/s fibre-optic internet connection. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Done.  Standing by for the next step.

• Like 1

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

Just now, tfm said:

Really?? <100KB/s here in London, even using a 370MB/s fibre-optic internet connection. 

I just downloaded at over 2MB/s in UK. And a small nit pick, you've got 370Mb/s, not 370MB/s.

• Like 1

Just now, squerble said:

I just downloaded at over 2MB/s in UK. And a small nit pick, you've got 370Mb/s, not 370MB/s.

4.5~5Mb/s. No issues

Edited by calzonister

Me ready!!! LOL

Pablo Vazquez - Flight Attendant - Major US Airline

(P3D v4.3, PMDG 744v3, PMDG 748, PMDG 777, PMDG 737 NGX, QualityWings 787, Captain Sim 757, Aerosoft Airbus Professional and FSLabs A320x)

1hxz6d.jpg

Downloading...

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

4 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

Captains,

For those of you flying the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II:  We have just released a major update to this product that you will want to download.

To obtain the update, you MUST follow these instructions:

1. Go to PMDG eCommerce and log in to your account
  2. Go to your purchase history.
  3. Redownload your PMDG 747-400
  4. uninstall the version currently in use on your machine. (DO NOT DEACTIVATE YOUR LICENSE.  This is not necessary and wastes your time.)
  5. Install the new 747-400 (is build 3.00.9008)

That is all you need to accomplish!

Why Not A Micro-Update?:

It was necessary to make MASSIVE core changes to the 747-400 in order for the base product to carry the PMDG 747-8 as an expansion package.  For this reason, we want to be absolutely certain you have the correct and properly installed base package in order to smooth the user experience and minimize fuss on the support side.

We simply want to wear belt and braces, for lack of a better way to describe it!

Please don't worry about the servers... we distribute via cloud servers so you will get the fastest server available in your part of the world... 

And now... on to releasing the 748!

Rob, thank you for implementing the 5' EGPWS callout option, among many other things. I am happy to see that my documentation was forwarded to you!

• Like 1

Downloading but as some other the speed is really very very slow. about 5/600KB/s with the fiber connection I have that's slow if I was on ADSL that would be great 😛 Either too many people or the servers are not yet in boost mode for the releas, or not yet replicated on CDN servers around the world.

• Upvote 1

How about the leftover files from the old install (options, panelstates, various Aircraft .inis and hours) ?

Still valid for the new install - or should those be deleted ?.

FinnJ

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

Still flying the 400 to KPAE so will update after I land!