Sign in to follow this  
LABOX

Activation of the PMDG 747-400 not working after the Update

6 minutes ago, davidmuir said:

Kyle - instead of being condescending and smug why not sort out these problems for your customers as the cost of your product would make me think this is unacceptable.

I'm trying to. This isn't the place for support. There's no tracking, and people are all stepping over each other to post their issues. I need to be terse in ensuring people go to the right place - otherwise people's issues can get missed and that's not fair to them.

Instead of being critical, please allow me to do my job, and/or perhaps help point people in the correct direction.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

43 minutes ago, downscc said:

The instructions were very clear in that you should not disable the license when uninstalling the B747-400.   You are just adding unnecessary work.

Sir, I did not disable any license I simply  installed the older 400 that s all 🙂 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Hello all,

I'd appreciate any of your comments.  I have followed the instructions for uninstalling and reinstalling the 400 and get the activation error mentioned earlier.  I have already purchased the 800, but can't use it because of the 400 authentication issue.  I have not yet installed the 800.  After reading the PMDG response to some of these same questions, I'm more confident that you users can help me.  I would much appreciate any help from one of you who may have already solved the authentication error message (the 50003, etc. error message).

Pete Donaldson

Relax people... I thing this particular issue none of us mere mortals can solve. The thing can only be saved by the GODs themselves (PMDG, I mean).

FWIW, I also cannot get the new update to work.  I didn't deactivate my license.  I simply removed the QOTSII using Control Panel in Windows 7 and installed the new version.  I did this with MSSE turned off and no other AV or FW running.  I have tried multiple times to work this problem out.  I even removed the NGX, as it also uses FLEXnet, and yet the NGX works fine.  So I am unsure how this is simply a FLEXnet problem when the uninstall of the NGX and reinstall worked perfectly but the Queen won't.  I am on Steam and Windows 7.

I also submitted a ticket with a .cab file.  Hopefully it gets resolved.  I think the assertion that some of us can't read directions or did something wrong is a little brash.  It's very simple to just uninstall and install a new file.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Hi everyone,

I just got an answer to my ticket. I was asked to follow the instructions in the readme - file that came with the updated installer.

Funny thing is, I stated in the text that came with my ticket that I uninstalled the old version BEFORE I installed the update.

And before anyone comes to any conclusions, I also didn´t deactivate my license or anything like that.

So, any help (apart from asking me to read the readme) is greatly appreciated...

Cheers, Arne

LABOX4.jpg

4 minutes ago, LABOX said:

Hi everyone,

I just got an answer to my ticket. I was asked to follow the instructions in the readme - file that came with the updated installer.

Funny thing is, I stated in the text that came with my ticket that I uninstalled the old version BEFORE I installed the update.

And before anyone comes to any conclusions, I also didn´t deactivate my license or anything like that.

So, any help (apart from asking me to read the readme) is greatly appreciated...

Cheers, Arne

Wow...that's it?  The readme doesn't say anything. 🙄

Edited by Orlaam

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Hi everyone,

I had the same error on installing the new version of the 747-400 as others.  Uninstalled using Control Panel, ran new installer as Admin, asked for  activation code (which I double-checked for accuracy on my PMDG account), same activation error.  Tried after disabling Windows 10 Defender Firewall, same error.  No deactivation of license. 

I had the previous installer version, uninstalled new installer, installed using older installer, works fine.  But certainly won't work with 747-8.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I am seeing this in FSX SE only and on a different computer for the one I flight sim on. I only use that for checking repaints so it didn't really bother me. I too followed the instructions and did not deactivate my license before uninstalling. The interesting thing is that I uninstalled the latest version of the -400 and reinstalled the last working version since I still have the installer. When I did that it started normally and did not ask me for my key. 

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

3 minutes ago, Mike777 said:

Hi everyone,

I had the same error on installing the new version of the 747-400 as others.  Uninstalled using Control Panel, ran new installer as Admin, asked for  activation code (which I double-checked for accuracy on my PMDG account), same activation error.  Tried after disabling Windows 10 Defender Firewall, same error.  No deactivation of license. 

I had the previous installer version, uninstalled new installer, installed using older installer, works fine.  But certainly won't work with 747-8.

Mike

So in other words, you had to revert to the previous version, which implies the installer has some problem on certain machines.  Otherwise, the old one would be deactivated, as well, after reinstall.

- Chris

1 minute ago, Ralgh said:

I am seeing this in FSX SE only and on a different computer for the one I flight sim on. I only use that for checking repaints so it didn't really bother me. I too followed the instructions and did not deactivate my license before uninstalling. The interesting thing is that I uninstalled the latest version of the -400 and reinstalled the last working version since I still have the installer. When I did that it started normally and did not ask me for my key. 

The running theme seems to be FSX:SE.  I have all the simconnect packages installed, so it's not that.

- Chris

Has anyone tried de-activating first before uninstalling? ( I know they say don’t but I’m about to try it myself)

• Like 1

I

3 minutes ago, Orlaam said:

The running theme seems to be FSX:SE.  I have all the simconnect packages installed, so it's not that.

Chris,

I'm using FSX, it's just bizarre that only a handful of us have had this issue. Trouble is was looking forward to trying 747-8 out aswell.

Jason Thompson

3 minutes ago, jay907uk said:

I

Chris,

I'm using FSX, it's just bizarre that only a handful of us have had this issue. Trouble is was looking forward to trying 747-8 out aswell.

That is weird then.  Obviously not solely a FLEXnet problem inherently; If people are able to revert to the old version and it works.  I tried almost everything.  Uninstall two or three times.  Uninstalled NGX and reinstall to "correct" FLEXnet service.  Reboot using MSConfig and no MSSE or extra apps running.  Only thing I didn't do was strip out the leftover files manually or deactivate the license since we are told not to, and frankly, having to reset my camera positions and extra liveries would not be fun.

- Chris