Sign in to follow this  
LABOX

Activation of the PMDG 747-400 not working after the Update

1 hour ago, UAL4life said:

Has anyone tried de-activating first before uninstalling? ( I know they say don’t but I’m about to try it myself)

James,

Have just tried this and it still didn't work.

Jason

Jason Thompson

Well, I had no problems.  I downloaded 3.00.9008, uninstalled the existing version, and installed the new one.  Never deactivated my license through the CDU.

P3D 4.3 - Windows 10 Pro - No AV, no firewall, no Defender.

But, when I ran P3D it never asked for an authentication code.

Is this because I haven't bought and installed the -8 yet?  Is this where people are having problems?  The -8 or is it reactivating the -400?

Jack Sawyer

1 minute ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Well, I had no problems.  I downloaded 3.00.9008, uninstalled the existing version, and installed the new one.  Never deactivated my license through the CDU.

P3D 4.3 - Windows 10 Pro - No AV, no firewall, no Defender.

But, when I ran P3D it never asked for an authentication code.

Is this because I haven't bought and installed the -8 yet?  Is this where people are having problems?  The -8 or is it reactivating the -400?

It's just the act of installing the new 744 update, not the -8.  You can't run the -8 if the -400 won't activate.  Mine says 3.00.9008 in OPS Center, but no dice running the sim without the error dialog.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

1 minute ago, Orlaam said:

It's just the act of installing the new 744 update, not the -8.  You can't run the -8 if the -400 won't activate.  Mine says 3.00.9008 in OPS Center, but no dice running the sim without the error dialog.

That's very odd.  It took me all of five minutes from start to finish.  I just bought the -8 and am planning on installing it now.

I wonder why it didn't ask for my activation code?

Jack Sawyer

2 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

That's very odd.  It took me all of five minutes from start to finish.  I just bought the -8 and am planning on installing it now.

I wonder why it didn't ask for my activation code?

Install it and try and run it. I uninstalled and reinstall same as you. 

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

I installed successfully on FSX, P3Dv3 and v4 on one computer. The only one that didn't work was FSX SE on a different computer. 

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

3 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I have the -400 flying as I type this and getting ready to reboot so I can install the -8.

Jack Sawyer

Dont uninstall using the control panel- When you download the new 747-400 client from your account and run it, it gives you the option to uninstall. Run that then relaunch the client you downloaded and it will install it just fine.

Jon Richardson

Raleigh, NC

7 minutes ago, vegasjon said:

Dont uninstall using the control panel- When you download the new 747-400 client from your account and run it, it gives you the option to uninstall. Run that then relaunch the client you downloaded and it will install it just fine.

That would require installing the previous edition though, yes?  Not that I'm opposed to that, but what a hassle.  I'm gonna run out of activations soon and need to reset.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

yes, but i think it will clear up your issue and update the operation center so it works correctly for you. Good luck and hope you're flying soon!

• Like 1

Jon Richardson

Raleigh, NC

16 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Just installed -8.  Not one problem fortunately.

• Like 2

Jack Sawyer

Got a reply from support.  They're investigating the issue.  w00t!  Send in support tickets or await an official post from PMDG, as it sounds like it's not just operator error.  😉

- Chris

59 minutes ago, vegasjon said:

That's the way I always do it. It didn't work in my case.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

1 hour ago, vegasjon said:

Running the control panel way simply launches an uninstall procedure that is the exact same as running it from the new installer, actually.

Kyle Rodgers

ah, didnt know that- Thought maybe you had a registry cleaner or something...It worked great for me using your instructions and everything was flawless..

Jon Richardson

Raleigh, NC