Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[22SEP18] PMDG 747-8 Queen of the Skies II Released

In the Operations Center, the Livery Downloader says "PALAPINA" - typo. It is called PANALPINA...

https://imgur.com/cvWHXj1

Edited by kityatyi

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

13 minutes ago, Jason_Peters said:

Another with no download link.  I'm sure the server is overwhelmed... they'll figure it out, give them some time.

We are all, always, expected to "give them some time" and accept whatever excuse they come up with.

That forgiving attitude was fine, when this was just a hobby and add-ons were made as much for love as money.

But these days they run this show as a 100% commercial outfit, charging prices that would have been unthinkable when many of us started out.

That's fine, but the corollary is that they should not expect to get away with cocking-up on something this basic. It's not remotely acceptable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Good to go on this end.  Brilliant release as always PMDG!

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

9 minutes ago, tfm said:

We are all, always, expected to "give them some time" and accept whatever excuse they come up with.

That forgiving attitude was fine, when this was just a hobby and add-ons were made as much for love as money.

But these days they run this show as a 100% commercial outfit, charging prices that would have been unthinkable when many of us started out.

That's fine, but the corollary is that they should not expect to get away with cocking-up on something this basic. It's not remotely acceptable.

Well, it's unfortunate you feel that way.  While I agree with some of your sentiment about the cost of PMDG's fine products, this is not the thread to debate that issue. 

That said, you may consider cutting them some slack.  Technology can be a finicky thing, I'm quite sure these releases put a large strain on their server system and during that time a few transactions are sure to get messed up.  They don't really have control over when the software decides to hiccup, cough, or barf... they just get to clean-up the mess.  Unfortunately, we both got included in that group this time.  RSR, and the rest of the group at PMDG will have both of us sorted in no-time I'm sure.  I'm just as frustrated as you are, however a little patience goes a long way...

Edited by Jason_Peters
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jason_Peters said:

… a little patience goes a long way... 

It's not about patience. It's about standards.

• Upvote 1

40% price increase from FSX to the P3D version?? Just for RainMaker?

This is pure blasphemy and the reason why I switched to X-Plane! 

Trashheed Moneytin at it‘s best....

Marc

WOW at PMDG!  congratulation on all you do!.   Thanks Robert and at PMDG Team for such100% detailed to this beautiful bird!  

I am about to dive in and LEARN just more!

Happy Flying Captains!  

Best regards,

PelicanEagle1 

2 minutes ago, LH1711 said:

Marc

Don’t take me wrong nobody is forcing you to buy it 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PGBosak said:

Got 4 new activation keys with my 748 purchase, which one should i use?

I got two activation keys.

• Like 1

The download link comes to your registered email address.

The number of hoops to navigate to this downloading plane is unreal - including first updating the original 747 - every step of the process confounded me.  I survived it.

It's installed and looks good.

Mark Trainer

4 minutes ago, LH1711 said:

Marc

The price increase reflects the current state of development for each product...

FSX as a platform is stable, and will not be further updated.  Thus, PMDG knows exactly where the development boundaries are.

P3D on the other hand is still actively being developed and updated. PMDG consistently works to take advantage of those new developments, which means the product needs to be constantly updated.  You want to work with the latest and greatest FS environment? You pay the latest and greatest price... it is what it is.

Edited by Jason_Peters
  • Like 2

Performance looks good 🙂

The -8 documentation (FCOM & QRH) doesn't appear in the operations center for me - but it is in the flight manuals folder

1 minute ago, mtrainer said:

The download link comes to your registered email address.

Not to mine 😕

And yet some people are getting multiple activation keys - perhaps one of them was meant for me 🙂  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Richardnunez said:

Don’t take me wrong nobody is forcing you to buy it 

No one but the irresistible lust to fly this 747-8. 😍