Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[22SEP18] PMDG 747-8 Queen of the Skies II Released

I do not have a ticket number to go with my ticket.  Does that mean that I won't be getting support?

My Tickets Start Ticket

Search
Waiting For Agent
Updated at 5:08 PM

Do I need to go ahead and submit a new ticket and put it under "Product Support"?

Thank you,
Bob

5 minutes ago, srce said:

I don't think it's a GSX bug - just the wing span is bigger. Found a sport where a380's usually go and that is fine.

Right, so how to I get the airport map? The Introduction PDF says see the EFB, but I can't find it in there.

The airport maps (and other charts) for the EFB requires that You subscribe to navigraph - FMS data & Charts.

Charts alone annualy costs 78,- Euro / FMS Data & Charts costs 93,- Euro - so quite expensive in my eyes.

The Airport map on the ND is shown when You click the ARPT button on the EFIS panel and zooms in.

FinnJ

Edited by Wothan

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

2 minutes ago, Wothan said:

The Airport map on the ND is shown when You click the ARPT button on the EFIS panel and zooms in.

Ahh, I didn't realise you had to zoom in - I was expecting a different display mode. Makes sense though, thanks. 😀

What is going on?  Why am I not getting a ticket number or a confirmation email when I submit a support ticket?  I did not get a confirmation email for the product when I purchased it.

Should I cancel the order through Paypal and just re-purchase it?

Thank you,

Bob

My Tickets Start Ticket

Search
Waiting For Agent
Updated at 6:52 PM
Waiting For Agent
Updated at 5:08 PM

I can say from experience that disputing charges with PayPal is not fun at all.(It took me almost three months to get my money back one time in 2013)

You are probably better off dealing with PMDG directly as silly and fruitless as that seems at the moment. 

Edited by UAL4life

9 minutes ago, UAL4life said:

I can say from experience that disputing charges with PayPal is not fun at all.(It took me almost three months to get my money back one time in 2013)

You are probably better off dealing with PMDG directly as silly and fruitless as that seems at the moment. 

Agree. That PayPal garbage is a waste of time.  They want to appear before the world as ": the most secured way to make a purchase." and in doing so they actually match your information with some "public" information. If your info  does match with that "public" database you're screwed as you will be told, that you cannot be verified,,. All this after you literally give them your full name, address, ID, and social security number. Very dump and stupid. I had an account with them for $ 4,000 credit line, I made one purchase and never used it again. Garbage. Now I only deal with my bank directly.. any issues they fix right away without any third-party garbage. 

Joe miller 

1 hour ago, signmanbob said:

I do not have a ticket number to go with my ticket.  Does that mean that I won't be getting support?

The answer to this question is a resounding NO.

PMDG has contacted me and fully resolved my problem.

Excellent support, as always! 

Now the only question is "How could I ever doubt?"

Great product/fair price.  Thank you PMDG!

Kind regards,

Bob

PMDG- Just finished a test flight from PHX-DEN in the -8. Absolutely flawless!!!! Big shout out to all of you, simply an amazing aircraft!! GREAT JOB GUYS!!

UPS123.png

Gents,

If you have a ticket number, there's no need to paste it here.

If you have submitted a ticket, we'll get to you.

My purpose for asking for ticket numbers when people claim to have submitted a ticket is to make sure they didn't find the Contact Us form I've never seen and cannot find (though I know it exists), and/or haven't tried to send an email to us.

Again: the sole reason I asked in the cases earlier was to be sure that they were not confusing support functions with email or the Contact Us form. Posting your ticket number here will do nothing to expedite it.

Kyle Rodgers

PMDG crew - well done, and thank you for the new toy. I will be adding it to my collection shortly. 

One comment though (and I’m not being sarcastic) - only $70? Really? I was ready to fork over 2x that. That came as a positive surprise. 

• Like 3

Quick question, the IRS & Air Data selectors on the main panel, should they be on AUTO on both sides or LEFT for Capt. side & RIGHT for FO side?

Thanks,

UPS123.png

1 minute ago, rfelger said:

Quick question, the IRS & Air Data selectors on the main panel, should they be on AUTO on both sides or LEFT for Capt. side & RIGHT for FO side?

Leave them alone unless a checklist calls for their movement.

Kyle Rodgers

25 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

didn't find the Contact Us form I've never seen and cannot find (though I know it exists), and/or haven't tried to send an email to us.

Kyle,

The Contact Form is AVSIM's form used for issues with the AVSIM Forums (see 'Contact Us' at the top in the AVSIM Menu).  Many PMDG customers use it thinking this is the way to contact you for support even though the form clearly states it must not be used for support for any commercial products.  I simply respond with something like the following:

AVSIM hosts commercial and freeware forums, including the PMDG Forums, but does not provide support for their products.  You will have to go to the PMDG website and go to their support section, register, and submit a trouble ticket - PMDG Support.  You can also post your question in the PMDG Forums (hosted by AVSIM).

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

10 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Leave them alone unless a checklist calls for their movement.

Thanks Kyle, just checked the FCOM, they are supposed to be on AUTO. Mine were on Left & Right repsctivley. I did have a power loss issue when I pushed back without disco'ing the ground power, ; ) I had to select the APU gens to restore. Maybe that had something to do with them moving....

Edited by rfelger
  • Upvote 1

UPS123.png

6 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

The Contact Form is AVSIM's form used for issues with the AVSIM Forums (see 'Contact Us' at the top in the AVSIM Menu).  Many PMDG customers use it thinking this is the way to contact you for support even though the form clearly states it must not be used for support for any commercial products.

Interesting. There's one buried in our store somewhere, apparently, but I've yet to find how people are getting to it.

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers