Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[22SEP18] PMDG 747-8 Queen of the Skies II Released

3 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

Even better performance than the 777 and 744.

I haven‘t tried it in VR though. 

EFB sounded like it would be cool in VR, as long as you can interact with it. 

744 is a good VR plane, so sounds like the -8 may be even better.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

7 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

EFB sounded like it would be cool in VR, as long as you can interact with it. 

744 is a good VR plane, so sounds like the -8 may be even better.

I will have to try it. A2A's rain system has killed my performance in the Bonanza in native VR. Even with a 1080Ti. But I will definitely try it out. But I suppose that the EFB might be hard to read in VR, very small letters and digits. Will see...

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

How are the frame rates? Any decrease from the -400? Any microstutters from the extra systems that have been added?

i’ve flown the -400min VR a fair bit on the past, and am wondering if there’s any downside to the the -8’s added complexity.

I actually found the frames to be the same and if not, maybe a little better. At first I thought 70 bucks was overpriced, but after flying it, I actually understand it. Getting rainmaker and buggy splatted on the windshied, efb, and the sound of the GENX engines are amazing. Totally worth it. You will have much joy with this aircraft and if you get it, have fun!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Brian McCumiskey

P3D V4.5, i9-9900K, RTX 2070, 16 GB 2666GHz RAM, Windows 10

For the very first time this summer/fall it rains heavily in the Netherlands - what a timing!-, and above all, I really like it. Beautiful raindrops on my cockpit windows  

• Like 2

Thank you PMDG team! This beauty is........a beauty 😍

I stayed up and flying till 07.00 in the morning and after a 5 hour nap now working at EHAM 🤔

• Upvote 1

Marcel van der biezen

Started a new thread here:

Edited by BobP

sorr y no luck i have recently loaded the file from THHE shop

k ih habevor RECENTLY LOADAEDTHEn file from the shop loaded REGards Stefan

regards
Stefan Liebe

Its been 16 hours since i wait for my ticket to be processed, it's long 😞 I am so impatient .. 

Edited by Alexis Buffet

20 hours ago, Steven Silva said:

Run Perfect thx Robert and PMDG Team 

19 hours ago, zsolt23 said:

Thanks for this awesome aircraft PMDG, cant wait to fly her!!

19 hours ago, zsolt23 said:

Thanks for this awesome aircraft PMDG, cant wait to fly her!!

regards
Stefan Liebe

20 hours ago, Julian Gruber said:

Looking so much forward to flying this bird! 🙂

No luck I have recentlyxdownloadedetd thhe fil from the shop PMDG_744-8_Extension_SP1.zip loaded The ints0aleerborts becauase it wont'find  ean old version of th 7848

rgards

Stefan

Edited by Stefan01

regards
Stefan Liebe

28 minutes ago, Stefan01 said:

No luck I have recentlyxdownloadedetd thhe fil from the shop PMDG_744-8_Extension_SP1.zip loaded The ints0aleerborts becauase it wont'find  ean old version of th 7848

rgards

Stefan

Stefan, no need to post multiple times on the same problem.  You are describing the very old add-on to the earlier version of the PMDG 747.  This will in no way work with the current PMDG 747 QOTSII.  After purchase you will find download links for the new product in your account by selecting purchase history.

Dan Downs KCRP

18 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Interesting. There's one buried in our store somewhere, apparently, but I've yet to find how people are getting to it.

Kyle, you'll find it under "My Account".

1 hour ago, Jason_Peters said:

Kyle, you'll find it under "My Account".

blehhhhh...thanks!

Hopefully our web guy took care of it.

Kyle Rodgers

Congratulations PMDG on another wonderful release! She is simply beautiful.

Kind regards,

Chen Chen - NZAA

Chen Chen

MSFS: FENIX A320 / PMDG 737 / FBW A32NX / WT 787-10

NZAA