Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[22SEP18] PMDG 747-8 Queen of the Skies II Released

I made a test flight from EKCH to EDDM yesterday.

Though weather (Active sky) was with rain and overcoast (and nice raindrops on the windscreen :) ), FPS was smooth and actually felt smoother than with the "old" 744 version (before the weekend update).

EKCH was from Fly Tampa and EDDM from Aerosoft.

I had no issues  so thanks for a great addon.

FinnJ

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

Sorry for not reading all posts so the questions might already been asked...

Did someone noticed that some digits disappear during flight ?

My complete radio panel inclunding transponder went black and also everything in the autopilot panel disappeared (I know that in LNAV/VNAV some things disappear because it is managed by FMC)

2 hours ago, Himbi said:

Sorry for not reading all posts so the questions might already been asked...

Did someone noticed that some digits disappear during flight ?

My complete radio panel inclunding transponder went black and also everything in the autopilot panel disappeared (I know that in LNAV/VNAV some things disappear because it is managed by FMC)

Please try this: when it turns black, go to the geaphic settings, disable mipmaps, click ok. The radios should be normal again. Then reactivate mipmap... still good? 

Nevertheless, this should go to the support team via a support ticket.. 

11 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

Please try this: when it turns black, go to the geaphic settings, disable mipmaps, click ok. The radios should be normal again. Then reactivate mipmap... still good? 

Nevertheless, this should go to the support team via a support ticket.. 

Okay, thanks ! I will try it next time.

I know that this should go to support but those guys got a lot of work I guess and maybe an other pilot already knows a solution. 🙂

Greetings, with the new -8. I've tried 2 Autolands, both with LAND 3 active. Right before the threshold,  the plane veers off course. Both times this happened with no wind.   The annunciator has FAC displayed, then when the veering occurs a line goes through the FAC letters on the PFD. I have the  LOC to P3D option to ON. I selected the ILS approach to RWY-26 @ KPHX both times in the FMC. In the -400 Autoland worked perfectly. Is there a reason that the APP mode says FAC & the Autoland isn't working??

Thx

UPS123.png

1 hour ago, rfelger said:

Right before the threshold,  the plane veers off course.

Are you using AI traffic and ActiveSky?

1 hour ago, rfelger said:

Is there a reason that the APP mode says FAC & the Autoland isn't working??

Sounds a lot like you're not setting things up properly. Are you sure LAND 3 is actually showing up?

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Are you using AI traffic and ActiveSky?

Sounds a lot like you're not setting things up properly. Are you sure LAND 3 is actually showing up?

Hi Kyle, yes absolutely it displays LAND 3 & FAC is displayed as soon as the LAND 3 is engaged well, I did notice that the ACARS page 2 has Autoland=NO. I'm not sure if that has something to do with it. Also the ROLL & FLARE are in white during the approach when LAND 3 is engaged. Yes I use Ultimate Traffic Live & Active Sky.

UPS123.png

11 minutes ago, rfelger said:

I did notice that the ACARS page 2 has Autoland=NO. I'm not sure if that has something to do with it.

That's declarative, not status-based. Look at the other field about the pilot who landed, too, and note the < > symbols. That means you enter that data, and not that the plane is telling you something.

In other words, those fields are there for you to finalize your trip report. The times are all automatic, but who landed (left or right), and how the plane was landed, needs to be filled out by the crew.

13 minutes ago, rfelger said:

Yes I use Ultimate Traffic Live & Active Sky.

This is why.

Turn off the wake turbulence. ActiveSky, for some reason, still generates wakes from planes that are entirely stationary.

Kyle Rodgers

17 minutes ago, rfelger said:

Hi Kyle, yes absolutely it displays LAND 3 & FAC is displayed as soon as the LAND 3 is engaged well, I did notice that the ACARS page 2 has Autoland=NO. I'm not sure if that has something to do with it. Also the ROLL & FLARE are in white during the approach when LAND 3 is engaged. Yes I use Ultimate Traffic Live & Active Sky.

[MOD NOTE: have been answering so many questions lately that I didn't even realize you're posting about the same thing in two different locations. Please avoid this in the future. Looking at the threads, it would've been best to open up a new thread entirely, but this discussion doesn't belong in the release announcement, so let's shift to the other thread where you've been posting. Thanks!]

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

[MOD NOTE: have been answering so many questions lately that I didn't even realize you're posting about the same thing in two different locations. Please avoid this in the future. Looking at the threads, it would've been best to open up a new thread entirely, but this discussion doesn't belong in the release announcement, so let's shift to the other thread where you've been posting. Thanks!]

Roger that Kyle, Sorry i didn't know where i should have posted so i did both.

UPS123.png

Just now, rfelger said:

Roger that Kyle, Sorry i didn't know where i should have posted so i did both.

No worries. The primary reason is that posting in multiple locations scatters responses, which means people have a difficult time seeing if something has been suggested or not.

Kyle Rodgers

About a year ago I switched from XP11 to P3D, especially because of the previews of the coming PMDG 747-8. In that year besides some scenery/weather add ons I only bought the PMDG 737 NGX as a plane-add on to P3D while holding off on other purchaces because of the 747-8. The 737 turned out to be a high quality product, so I was looking forward to the 747-8 a lot. 

Now that it has been released reviews are positive, and it certainly seams worth the wait and a high price. However in the last year, I have missed that it was to be an expansion instead of a new base plane without any options to just get access to the 747-8. Having to pay 210 USD in total because of the necessity to buy the 747-400, without planning to fly the 747-400 at all, is extreme.

Hence my question: Are there plans to release a 747-8 stand alone version? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Stormvogel said:

About a year ago I switched from XP11 to P3D, especially because of the previews of the coming PMDG 747-8. In that year besides some scenery/weather add ons I only bought the PMDG 737 NGX as a plane-add on to P3D while holding off on other purchaces because of the 747-8. The 737 turned out to be a high quality product, so I was looking forward to the 747-8 a lot. 

Now that it has been released reviews are positive, and it certainly seams worth the wait and a high price. However in the last year, I have missed that it was to be an expansion instead of a new base plane without any options to just get access to the 747-8. Having to pay 210 USD in total because of the necessity to buy the 747-400, without planning to fly the 747-400 at all, is extreme.

Hence my question: Are there plans to release a 747-8 stand alone version? 

It  always  was  going  to be  a  expansion   just  like  the  777-300  was  and  I  doubt  it  very much  it  going  to be  a standalone,   just  have  to look  at other  addons  like  fsl319 its  a expansion  as well not  stanalone

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

8 hours ago, pete_auau said:

It  always  was  going  to be  a  expansion   just  like  the  777-300  was  and  I  doubt  it  very much  it  going  to be  a standalone,   just  have  to look  at other  addons  like  fsl319 its  a expansion  as well not  stanalone

It is what it is then. Thanks for replying.