Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

Anyone else stuck on "Authenticating..." for charts?

yup that did the trick, not the first time reshade is causing issues, thanks everyone ! 

I get always a CTD after hitting "authenticating". Reshade is not in use (and was never installed). Tried it with several different "standard browsers". Always the same result - P3D crashes... 

26 minutes ago, LarsA said:

I get always a CTD after hitting "authenticating". Reshade is not in use (and was never installed). Tried it with several different "standard browsers". Always the same result - P3D crashes... 

What error are you receiving in the CTD?

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

No error message, P3D just closes - will check the Windows event report when I'm back at home... Thanks for your efforts! 

Hey!

I recently purchased both the Base and the Expansion for trying this new beautiful aircraft, this is my first very huge aircraft, earlier I flight with A320 only. I love the product thanks!

However, I have issues with the Auth screen just like everyone else above. What i have noticed, that I have Navigraph Connect running and connected, however, nothing happens. Not even a field to fill out in the 747-8, just white screen on the Authenticating window..

After some time, I even get a BSOD. Not sure why, but this only happens during the new PMDG. Plus this is a very fresh windows installations, my graphics drivers updated as well to the latest version.

Edited by Csendes Marcell

5 minutes ago, Csendes Marcell said:

However, I have issues with the Auth screen just like everyone else above. What i have noticed, that I have Navigraph Connect running and connected, however, nothing happens. Not even a field to fill out in the 747-8, just white screen on the Authenticating window..

Please make sure to review the thread. It contains the solution. It's caused by your shader mods.

The blue screen won't be the 748. That'll be a driver, or an OS issue.

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

@scandinavian13

Will try to disable it, for now, to see if it is really the case.

It is not a blue screen, it is black and only caused on PMDG, so I don't think it is the fault of my driver or OS. It is the latest version and I literally reinstalled the OS before bought PMDG. 

1 minute ago, Csendes Marcell said:

Will try to disable it, for now, to see if it is really the case.

This thread, amongst others, shows disabling it will cure the white screen issue.

2 minutes ago, Csendes Marcell said:

It is not a blue screen, it is black and only caused on PMDG, so I don't think it is the fault of my driver or OS. It is the latest version and I literally reinstalled the OS before bought PMDG.

BSOD means "blue screen of death."

Black screen is just "black screen" which is different from a CTD (or crash to desktop). Not trying to be pedantic, but the troubleshooting direction for each of them is very different.

Did the sim actually crash, or did the screen just go black?

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

@scandinavian13 I am aware of that, sorry, that is why I mentioned it is black, I didn't even mention it is a CTD. I know what CTD is.

As I mentioned, I have a black screen, no crash, just simply goes black, like if the driver would have crashed, but might be caused because of the shaders just like for others.

Edit: Yes, it was indeed the shaders, thanks for the info, you might want to create a sticky post about it and close these kinds of issues to avoid people to go back find a solution for this.

Edited by Csendes Marcell

17 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

What error are you receiving in the CTD?

The CTD is always caused by: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll

It belongs to MS Visual Studio...…. 

15 hours ago, LarsA said:

The CTD is always caused by: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll

It belongs to MS Visual Studio...…. 

Please note PMDG asks us to sign our full name on all posts in their forums.

I googled "ucrtbase.dll crash p3dv4" and got 22,000 results, the first one being from the AVSIM CTD forum.  I recommend you review the AVSIM CTD Guide and perhaps visit the CTD Forum for insight into this error.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes, indeed, I found the same. Will do further investigation - but it only happens with the terminal charts window... Let's see if the upcoming patch will help! 

When I try to authenticate Navigraph, P3D just shuts down.  All else on the 747-8 works fine.  I have Windows 10 and I think IE 11 is standard.  Someone suggested to modify the dxdl.lll file in P3D, but I simply can't find it.

Paul Gugliotta

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:03 PM, Chapstick said:

So this is an incredibly stupid work around, but it got it working for me...

Use your cursor to find the username and password fields. You can't see them, but they are there. When you see a tooltip that says "field required", go ahead and type in your u/p. You might have to search a bit with your cursor to figure out which is the username and password. Username field is on top, password is just below.

Then, keep searching for the login button.

Along the way, you can right click and print to PDF to see if it throws up any errors (like invalid username/pass)

Once you've successfully put in your username/pass, right click and print to PDF again to see where the confirmation button is and get your cursor to that spot. It should work from there.

Like I said, stupid... but it works...

Alex Pugh

could you explain this better,or postscreen shots of what you are doing?  You say use your cursor to find user name?  where is that?  in gthe authentication page when you hit trerminal charts?

Edited by paulyg123

Paul Gugliotta