Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

Anyone else stuck on "Authenticating..." for charts?

13 minutes ago, paulyg123 said:

could you explain this better,or postscreen shots of what you are doing?  You say use your cursor to find user name?  where is that?  in gthe authentication page when you hit trerminal charts?

When  you press  the  terminal  charts  you  should  see  another  box  appear on your  screen  this is  whats  he  is  referring  to

he is  saying  that  the  pop up  box is white   and  the  sign in  boxes  are  there  but  your not  able  to  see  them,   you  he  suggeasting if  you  move  your mouse pointer  around  the  box  till  you  see  the  pointer  change  to  filed  req  enter  your  sign in name than  move  your  mouse  pointer  down a little  to  enter  your password    than  you  have  to move  your  mouse   to the bottom  right  till  you  find  the confirm button

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Oh, I indeed see the pop up and the content inside the white pop-up (Navigraph authentication box).  My issue is when I hit AGREE, P3D shuts down.

Paul Gugliotta

Can PMDG confirm this this issue is being worked on.? The Navigraph site seems to say they are not at fault.  How did the Beta testers miss this one???

Here is their statement (Navigraph)

It is not a clear cut division, we can’t resolve it completely on our side, or we would already have done so. As I said, we have great communication with PMDG, and we are actively working on it, so eventually this issue will be resolved.

Regards,

Stephen

Paul Gugliotta

2 hours ago, paulyg123 said:

Can PMDG confirm this this issue is being worked on.?

Did you turn off your ReShade DLL?

Alex Pugh

no one has told me how to find ReShade and how to turn it off.  Where is this file exactly located?  I search on files and I see 4 dxgl.dll files on my hard drive.  This file is not found in P3D.  Can someone please give more details on how to turn off ReShade.

Edited by paulyg123

Paul Gugliotta

2 hours ago, paulyg123 said:

How did the Beta testers miss this one???

Because it didn't happen to any of them. As it doesn't happen to the vast majority of our customers.

We are working on this together with Navigraph, but it is very likely that this is neither a PMDG nor a Navigraph issue. We know now that the blank window issue was caused by reshade and it seems that the CTD issue was also related to add-on shaders for some users.

The reshade DLLs are usually located in the P3D folder. But before looking for them can you confirmed if you have installed in the first place reshade or any other add-on shaders in P3D (PTA, tomato, etc)?

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

No you have it wrong.  I don't get a BLANK page.  I get the entire certificate.  When I hit the Blue button - ALLOW, P3D shuts down.  It is not a shader issue.  I have Windows 10 and I am assuming IE11 is part of Windows 10.  You can see I am signed in to Navigraph as my name is on the top.

navigraph.jpg

Paul Gugliotta

Paul,

I know you don't have the blank page issue. I only mentioned it as an example of a confirmed case that is out of PMDG and Navigraph control. However, we had a couple of users reporting CTDs (P3D shutting down) on the Navigraph screen that were caused by add-on shaders.

8 hours ago, paulyg123 said:

It is not a shader issue

I don't know yet if this is a shader issue or not, but please can you answer my question:

Do you have any addon shaders installed?

If you don't we could at least exclude shaders as a possible cause.

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

I do not have Reshade.  This computer is built only for P3D and no other games are on it.  I have P3D,all the PMDG jets, , all flyTampa airports, FSDT airports, imagine sim airports, QW787, Windows 10 64bit.  .  That is it.

7700k CPU, Titan X Pascal video card.  I have Chrome on the computer, but Internet Explorer is my default Browser. Should I remove Chrome from the computer?  I saw some dxgl.dll files, but they are not inside the P3D folder.  Should I erase or re-name them?

Paul Gugliotta

Paul,

Please open a ticket at PMDG support and pass all this information, if you have not done so already.

I'll get in contact with the support guys and follow this up from there.

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

33 minutes ago, paulyg123 said:

FSDT airports

Paul,

you could try uninstalling FSDT software from your system tenporarily and try if it works. This may sound a bit strange, but I‘ve already read enough in several forums (including this one) that FSDT software (couatl) causes massive issues on many systems. But before you do that discuss this with your supporter who answers on your ticket. It‘s quite important that you both know what you do.

I confirmed I have no re-shade.  I deleted Google chrome.  I installed the Navigraph Computer application to view charts and logged in.  Then I open up P3D and tried to get terminal charts.  It still crashes.  I doid create a ticket and never heard back from PMDG on the status.  How do you know status of a ticket when submitted.  I received no emails.

I won't uninstall all my FSDT airports and GSX.  I'd rather not have the charts on my EFB then lose the FSDT stuff.  My charts on my EFB work great in my QW787, but they are not linked to Navigraph.  Clearly someone must have FSDT and GSX and have the 747-8 charts working.

For now the work around is to open up the Navigraph program and view the charts on my 2nd monitor, until someone figures this out.

Paul Gugliotta

1 hour ago, paulyg123 said:

I doid create a ticket and never heard back from PMDG on the status.  How do you know status of a ticket when submitted.

You will receive an email when you submit a ticket. And you can always log in to the support system and see the ticket status.

What is the number of the ticket you submitted?

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

Michael

Ticket:

0F4-234A890E-041F  for this incident.

Am I the only one here with this issue?  Maybe I should re-install the 747-8???

Paul Gugliotta

11 minutes ago, paulyg123 said:

Am I the only one here with this issue?  Maybe I should re-install the 747-8???

Please only do that if requested to do so by PMDG support. You are not the only one, but there are not many of you.

Dan Downs KCRP