Sign in to follow this  
red259

Should I get P3D?

I have stepped away from flight sim for quite awhile. I have FSX steam. I also have a bunch of addons that go with it, but I am thinking about going back to flight sim and maybe starting over from scratch. What is the current state of P3d? Are there still VAS issues? Should I just go ahead and make the jump over tp P3d? I was also looking at xplane. I fly mostly jets and like PMDG/FSLabs planes which is why I was thinking P3d. I'm thinking about the future and which sim is worth the investment.

Yes to both.

Definitely go for P3D, now with 64bit there are no more VAS issues. It's current state is constantly being developed and improved. It's time to move away from FSX and enjoy P3D.

Same goes for X-Plane 11. No harm in using both. It also is 64bit and constantly being updated with new features and improvements. Great thing about X-Plane is you can download a demo version to check it out.

Both simulators are future proof. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

I made the move about 2 years ago because of VAS issues.  I've never had another one, and I just can't imagine why anyone would spend 1 dime on any plane, scenery, or whatever on FSX.

To me (as a former business owner) that's spending good money after bad.   

P3d is the future.  Accept it.

Stan

I currently use both XP11 and P3D equally, each has it's pros and cons but you'll be making a good choice with either one.

Of course, if you can afford it, go with both IMO 🙂 

I swapped from fsx to p3d recently and am annoyed I didn't do it earlier.

I would certainly buy P3DV4 if I was starting over. I keep FSX Steam and filled it with sceneries from the 1950's and 60's for my a2a Connie and PMDG DC6. All freeware airports from Carolina Classics. Nobody said you can't have more than one sim for different purposes.

Vic green

I have all three...To me, Xplane is  the best...From graphics to changing views, (camera angles)...The only thing negative thing I could say is the lack of payware aircraft..but it is coming along..