Sign in to follow this  
joemiller

Base vs " Expansion "

Folks can someone please let me know if the Base 747-400 will now have the same effects (like rain) and features (like airport diagram) once the "expansion" is installed ? Or will the new features only work on the Expansion 747-800 ?

Thank you,

Joe Miller

Hi Joe... it's 747-8 (no zeros).  There is no airport diagram feature in the actual B744 or EFB for that matter, therefore there isn't one in the simulated B744.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

3 minutes ago, joemiller said:

Or will the new features only work on the Expansion 747-800 ?

Only in the expansion 747-8 (no zeroes) for now.

Kyle Rodgers

54 minutes ago, joemiller said:

Folks can someone please let me know if the Base 747-400 will now have the same effects (like rain) and features (like airport diagram) once the "expansion" is installed ? Or will the new features only work on the Expansion 747-800 ?

Thank you,

Joe Miller

rainmaker is planned for the rest of the PMDG product line, but now ONLY on the 747-8. You can expect rainmaker in November for the 747-400. Mind you, work is going on behind the scenes to provide initial support for the 747-8, finish GFO and update the 777, and getting a head start on the NGX v3 (MAX possibly). hope that helps.

• Like 1

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

2 hours ago, downscc said:

Hi Joe... it's 747-8 (no zeros).  There is no airport diagram feature in the actual B744 or EFB for that matter, therefore there isn't one in the simulated B744.

Hahaha.. I guess I'm so used to many zeroes. Thank you for the correction and the EFB explanation. 

Joe Miller

Edited by joemiller

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Only in the expansion 747-8 (no zeroes) for now.

Got it. Thank you, Kyle.

I downloaded the new version for 747-400 and will install next week. I saw a PMDG announcement informing customers to download the latest version of the 747 from ones's "shop account."  as it contains major updates. (I erroneously assumed the new features were being updated to the base).  

Joe Miller

Edited by joemiller

1 hour ago, captainsazzman said:

rainmaker is planned for the rest of the PMDG product line, but now ONLY on the 747-8. You can expect rainmaker in November for the 747-400. Mind you, work is going on behind the scenes to provide initial support for the 747-8, finish GFO and update the 777, and getting a head start on the NGX v3 (MAX possibly). hope that helps.

Oh really? Super!   Yeah, not updating the 747-400 with the latest features as the 747-8, will make it seem 'out-dated' But, as you mentioned PMDG will do these things step by step. I will be purchasing the Expansion Pack early next week. In the mean time, hopefully some of you post some Youtube videos online so we can admire its beauty. 

Joe Miller

11 hours ago, joemiller said:

Oh really? Super!   Yeah, not updating the 747-400 with the latest features as the 747-8, will make it seem 'out-dated' But, as you mentioned PMDG will do these things step by step. I will be purchasing the Expansion Pack early next week. In the mean time, hopefully some of you post some Youtube videos online so we can admire its beauty. 

Joe Miller

I hope you realise that you will NEED the 747-400 update to run the 747-8. I suggest you begin backing up your 747-400 settings, flight plans and liveries now so that you can download and install the update before Monday with your liveries restored.

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg