Sign in to follow this  
skwaL

Paintkit availability for 747-8s?

Gents,

Normally I roll right from the release itself to pushing the paintkit...

We got a bit overrun by issues that needed to be addressed, so the paintkit got overlooked this afternoon.

Give me a bit to find some food and I'll see what i can do.

• Like 4

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Just now, rsrandazzo said:

Gents,

We got a bit overrun by issues that needed to be addressed, so the paintkit got overlooked this afternoon.

Food, this late at night?

The Del Taco by my house is open 24 hours. I can bring Tacos.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

19 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

Gents,

No worries Rob!

You guys painted every real 748 out there and gave us a bunch of great fictional ones as well.  We should all be busy flying vs painting for the 1st few days at least anyway, hehe.

I've only been doing a few quick mods to help some simmers wanting them, including this one for a popular streamer that some may know by this screenshot:

qGLJ0Q.jpg

Since the tail textures are the same as the 400, this one was super easy just to pull from my existing UPS 744F.

After I get a few flights in I'll start migrating my Lufthansa and UPS liveries to the -8. :wink:

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Gents,

(And you too, Tavendale.  😋)

Jason will have the paintkits up officially in a short bit.

Sorry for the delay... 

• Like 2

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Amazing you and your crew are still up after what has to have already been a long day (not to mention the entire week).

I don't think you'd take any heat for just turning in at this point.

Mark Trainer

Edited by mtrainer

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

You guys painted every real 748 out there and gave us a bunch of great fictional ones as well.  We should all be busy flying vs painting for the 1st few days at least anyway, hehe.

Depends on what you normally fly anyway. Haha.

5 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

UGH...sorry to hear you have issues downloading it.....if you were in Dallas I'd invite ya over and you'd have the download in a few seconds (I have a really fast ISP)

I mean, if I was at home, I could get it pretty fast, too. Out on the road, it's hit or miss with the truck stop Wi-Fi.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Folks,

Paintkit has been released, you can find them in our Downloads > Paintkits section on our website. 

Happy painting!

• Like 2

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

5 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Hey Leo...Hoping PMDG sees this post and OKs it....not really wanting to drop a ticket into the queue just to ask if I can release a paint of their's I modded a bit....I'm SURE they'll be pretty busy with real issues for at least the next few days with the -8 release. :wink:

Steve,

Paintkit has been released, see our Downloads > Paintkits section on our website.

Happy Painting!

Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

4 minutes ago, JasonB said:

Steve,

Paintkit has been released, see our Downloads > Paintkits section on our website.

Happy Painting!

"This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
        <Error><Code>NoSuchKey</Code><Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message><Key>file_library/paintkits/PMDG_748_PAX_Paintkit.zip</Key><RequestId>C36077ED142AC1EB</RequestId><HostId>2aKmyPLW/1edotjjhU48cXXZZiLyfOl2H1LDEVqq0Di2naDGLrUi32ae5edViyl2VMRrmsb0A/8=</HostId></Error>"
WHen trying to access the page - should I leave it a minute or 2?

Cheers!

8 minutes ago, Goldstar Textures said:

"This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
        <Error><Code>NoSuchKey</Code><Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message><Key>file_library/paintkits/PMDG_748_PAX_Paintkit.zip</Key><RequestId>C36077ED142AC1EB</RequestId><HostId>2aKmyPLW/1edotjjhU48cXXZZiLyfOl2H1LDEVqq0Di2naDGLrUi32ae5edViyl2VMRrmsb0A/8=</HostId></Error>"
WHen trying to access the page - should I leave it a minute or 2?

Cheers!

Hey Alex,

Refresh the page, likely a cache issue.

• Like 1

Posted Image

2 minutes ago, JasonB said:

Hey Alex,

Refresh the page, likely a cache issue.

Hey Jase,

Doesn't work for me on firefox for some reason, but internet explorer works fine!

I noticed the sizes about 30mb higher on firefox where it didn't work, but lower on IE which it did work..

As long as it works, I don't care!! 🤣🤣

Congrats to your whole team on the release, it's supurb!

3 hours ago, JasonB said:

Folks,

Paintkit has been released, you can find them in our Downloads > Paintkits section on our website. 

Happy painting!

This is what Wel call customer service thank you pmdg 

richard Nunez 

PMDG have hit it out of the park, again.  I'm just concerned about one thing..

D-ABYA has the wrong name.  😞  (Steve D. - hint, hint..)

-Scott ExploreTheNew.  (Brandenburg)

3 hours ago, JasonB said:

Steve,

Happy Painting!

Thanks Jason!
I've got it now....But other than the paints I've already done for the 744 that I'm converting, sadly (for the 747 in general) you guys have already painted all the real world ones. 😪 

Its too bad airlines don't buy planes based on aesthetics (or they'd NEVER touch a 380 LOL), because the 747 is beautiful and graceful...and the -8's extra length over the -400 seems to make her look even more so!  At least for the F model with the small hump...the pax hump is a little long (aesthetically) for my eye. 

I mean....how can any aviation enthusiast say this is not beautiful?

L3mJUK.jpg

(I just hope I get the OK to share this one with the community)

4 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Gents,

(And you too, Tavendale.  😋)

That's harsh Rob!

I've known John (virtually) for years, and even though he can't paint worth a darn, he's still a gentleman! 😁

Its not his fault really that his paints aren't good...you see... since he lives in the southern hemisphere, his pixels twist in the wrong direction when he paints.  Much like how water swirls the opposite way in the different hemispheres.  Since PMDG builds its planes and texture maps in the northern hemisphere, the pixels twist counter-clockwise...us painters in the northern hemisphere don't have to compensate for the twist that much (unless you live far north/south of Virginia). However in the southern hemisphere you must compensate for this opposite rotation or your paints will always be a bit off.  

John uses an inferior paint program (Photoshop) and it lacks the tool (shown below) that easily compensates for this effect.
I took a time-lapse photo of the same texture map (over a few hours) to demonstrate this...I sent the texture map to another mate down under and had him send me the file back after a few hours.

The 1st screenshot is with Paintshop Pro's "Hemisphere rotation adjustment..." parameter turned on.  Looks normal right? The second shot is with it off
You can clearly see the difference between our texture maps below.  Since his paint stays on his PC the whole time he paints it...he does not notice this effect because he and his PC are rotating WITH the world (and why the pic of the southern texture map appears to be upside down in the screenshot when I copied it back to a PC in the northern hemisphere)

e1p8aW.jpg

Just for the people who don't believe the effect is real...see this video:

http://www.smartereveryday.com/toiletswirl

Go to about 5:00 in both videos if you want to see the effect without all the history about toilet swirl. 🙂  (I can't make this stuff up...you saw it on the internet!)

So now you guys know the secret behind why northern hemisphere paints always look a little better than southern. 😁

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg