Sign in to follow this  
skwaL

Paintkit availability for 747-8s?

1 hour ago, psbrandenburg said:

PMDG have hit it out of the park, again.  I'm just concerned about one thing..

D-ABYA has the wrong name.  😞  (Steve D. - hint, hint..)

-Scott ExploreTheNew.  (Brandenburg)

LOL Scott...I knew you'd somehow object to LH changing the name of YOUR plane when they went to new livery!

When I move my original LH 400 textures over, I'll make this livery D-ABYA with its proper name on the original paint of LH's -8.😀

8ZGLT1.jpg

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

LOL Scott...I knew you'd somehow object to LH changing the name of YOUR plane when they went to new livery!

When I move my original LH 400 textures over, I'll make this livery D-ABYA with its proper name on the original paint of LH's -8.😀

8ZGLT1.jpg

Yay!  Thanks Steve, much appreciated.

-Scott E.T.N. Brandenburg.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, psbrandenburg said:

Yay!  Thanks Steve, much appreciated.

-Scott E.T.N. Brandenburg.

That’s what we call a repaint with quality and visuals to mach thank you steve 👍👍👍

richard Nunez 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Richardnunez said:

That’s what we call a repaint with quality and visuals to mach thank you steve 👍👍👍

richard Nunez 

I don't know what everyone is having about. He's using a sub-par painting program.  Most people haven't heard of it cause its that bad. Think it's called Paint shop.  Names totally meant to rip off the only true painting program Photoshop. @Steve Dra

Btw Steve.  The wife says hi Stevey-poo. 🙂

• Like 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

2 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

I don't know what everyone is having about. He's using a sub-par painting program.  Most people haven't heard of it cause its that bad. Think it's called Paint shop.  Names totally meant to rip off the only true painting program Photoshop. @Steve Dra

Btw Steve.  The wife says hi Stevey-poo. 🙂

LoL...don't you have a REAL 748-F (or 400) to fly from CVG?  What are you doing here....harassing painter's using REAL paint programs? 🙄

Say hi to Cat for me....hope she's doing well.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

6 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

LoL...don't you have a REAL 748-F (or 400) to fly from CVG?  What are you doing here....harassing painter's using REAL paint programs? 🙄

Say hi to Cat for me....hope she's doing well.

Her surgery is mid next month.  Fingers crossed.  I'll tell her you said hello.  Although if I do that, she'll say we chat more than some high school girls.

I fly N454PA CVG-NRT at 0915z on the 25th. So I have some down time to mock and ridicule you still.  Saw these two on my way to the plane this morning though.

30996403478_d06ddfcb41_k.jpg

30996403258_ae70c0ba0c_k.jpg

• Like 2

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

5 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

Her surgery is mid next month.  Fingers crossed.  I'll tell her you said hello.  Although if I do that, she'll say we chat more than some high school girls.

I fly N454PA CVG-NRT at 0915z on the 25th. So I have some down time to mock and ridicule you still.  Saw these two on my way to the plane this morning though.

Hope the surgery goes well...Tell her we'll be praying for her.

Have fun on your flight to Japan!

Remember, those who mock only do so out of extreme jealously for what the mockee has that they don't (which in this case is a far superior paint program!) 🤣 

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

49 minutes ago, Richardnunez said:

richard Nunez 

Thanks Richard....I try my best.

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

16 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Gents,

(And you too, Tavendale.  😋)

Jason will have the paintkits up officially in a short bit.

Sorry for the delay... 

No need to apologise, I'm sure you've all been very busy helping out customers. It's here now and I've made a start on some stuff 🙂

unknown.png

Edited by John_Tavendale
  • Like 2

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

18 minutes ago, John_Tavendale said:

No need to apologise, I'm sure you've all been very busy helping out customers. It's here now and I've made a start on some stuff 🙂

... stuff like LH? 😄 😛 
Do you plan to share also your reflection profile? 😮 that looks stunning!

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

2 minutes ago, xTiMm_ said:

... stuff like LH? 😄 😛 
Do you plan to share also your reflection profile? 😮 that looks stunning!

Yes LH, no not sharing profile. It's easy to make your own with a little trial and error.

• Like 1

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

23 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Yeah, but even if we don't get the paintkit soon and you wanted to paint an -8 from scratch... and had some skill and forethought to look at the -400 texture maps, you'd realize the -8 maps are almost identical, just stretched as you'd imagine.  The tail texture is identical.  So you can actually paint an -8 with the 400 paintkit and make a few adjustments when you move the textures to the maps.

But I'm sure you already knew that. :wink:

Now that I've finished my two paints....it actually took me less than an hour to do the passenger variant. Only thing is the rear of the fuselage didn't line up with the tail the same way it did on the -400, so that took a few minutes to adjust....and also the fact that this laptop is apparently really slow now, so that doesn't help. I think I was done with the freighter in just under 10 minutes, but then again, all I had to do was transfer the paint layer from the passenger variant to the freighter, add Cargo, change registration, and that was it.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

2 hours ago, John_Tavendale said:

Yes LH, no not sharing profile. It's easy to make your own with a little trial and error.

Hey John,

Are Cargolux or AirBridgeCargo planned?

Thanks