Sign in to follow this  
skwaL

Paintkit availability for 747-8s?

18 hours ago, John_Tavendale said:

Korean Air Cargo 747-8 HL7609 is now available: https://goo.gl/4MUFSf

Korean748F.png

Great looking paint, there's something nice about the KE livery.  My first ride on a 748 was on KE from ICN-NRT, just two weeks ago, HL7463.  And two days later, I managed to spot the former "Siegerflieger", LH 748 at Haneda.  The titles are off now, so maybe "Traurigerflieger" should be it's name..

-Scott Brandenburg.  (ex- ExploreTheNew)

3 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

THANK-YOU Steve!

My pleasure Carl.  Its 97.3% PMDG paint though...I just added the logos, changed the reg, and added some reflective lighting touches to the Cargolux text.  I just figured we should all be flying this paint to pay tribute to the man who gave us the 747. :wink:

2 hours ago, Goldstar Textures said:

BA World Cargo up now!

Fantastic as always Alex!  So sad that BA decided to pick the A380 over this beauty...such a great history of the airline/manufacturer relationship....the 747 looked so beautiful in this paint...and of course in Landor...the best BA livery of all time.

4 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

Probably like a 747-400, but longer and without winglets?

You're exactly correct Kevin! 🙂  And of course the other major difference would be the lack of an RR engine option....I think the 747 looked wonderful wearing them.

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Steve, John, and Alex too. I really appreciate your work. Good stuff!!! I've been doing this for a while, but I am nowhere near as good as you guys. I wish I could paint half as good as you all. Keep it up!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cgsmithmo said:

Steve, John, and Alex too. I really appreciate your work. Good stuff!!! I've been doing this for a while, but I am nowhere near as good as you guys. I wish I could paint half as good as you all. Keep it up!!!

It isn't actually that difficult so to speak, it is just about knowing what details to look for!

I guess experience helps a bit too!

It isn't fictional as it seems. Just add "Cargo" on it and its real 😄

Awesome! The QTR livery suits perfectly on Queen's body!

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

2 hours ago, xTiMm_ said:

It isn't fictional as it seems. Just add "Cargo" on it and its real 😄

Awesome! The QTR livery suits perfectly on Queen's body!

It isn't fictional anyway. It is a BBJ and rego is A7-HHE!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Goldstar Textures said:

This has turned into the unofficial livery thread

LOL...it has seemed to.  I know of one other painter painting them besides us, but he flies the real thing in his "spare" time when he's not painting them...hope he'll post his preview pics here soon.

Beautiful job on Qatar Alex!

4 hours ago, xTiMm_ said:

It isn't fictional as it seems. Just add "Cargo" on it and its real

I have a sneaky suspicion that John will paint Qatar Cargo...as he also puts out an awesome Qatar livery (loved it on his 777 and I think he also did the 787?)

Edited by Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

12 hours ago, cgsmithmo said:

Thanks Curtis!

As Alex mentioned, the difficulty factor is relative, and nothing beats raw numbers of paints (and determination) to increase your proficiency and accuracy.  Every painter you listed has been painting for years (decades even) and have paint counts well into the hundreds to their names. :wink: 

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

6 hours ago, fabberj7 said:

Cool, Nice copy from Fabio Leal !
https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=qatar_a7-hhe.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

What will be your next copy project?

Interesting, because when I looked at the link you provided and looked at the screenshots for the aforementioned livery, the coloring of it doesn't even look close to being the same, so I don't know why you think it's a copy. Just because somebody already painted a livery doesn't mean they're entitled to being the ONLY one who is allowed to do so. Just throwing that out there.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

7 hours ago, fabberj7 said:

Cool, Nice copy from Fabio Leal !
https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=qatar_a7-hhe.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

What will be your next copy project?

Seriously? There's only so many -8 liveries. So it's no surprise there'll be double ups.

I wasn't aware there was some rule hat if someone painted it, it means it's off the table.........

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

7 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

I have a sneaky suspicion that John will paint Qatar Cargo...as he also puts out an awesome Qatar livery (loved it on his 777 and I think he also did the 787?)

Yeah,  I think I will. I really like the livery, esp on the -8

• Like 1

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

22 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

My pleasure Carl.  Its 97.3% PMDG paint though...I just added the logos, changed the reg, and added some reflective lighting touches to the Cargolux text.  I just figured we should all be flying this paint to pay tribute to the man who gave us the 747. :wink:

I'm a H U G E fan of our in-house man's work- Pete is just BRILLIANT and I don't usually stray... I do appreciate your salute to Joe though, and will fly this one often.

Best- C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper