Sign in to follow this  
AlaskanGrizzly

747-8 EFB Touchscreen Mouse Pointer Offset

When trying to use the EFB touchscreen in both VR and Non-VR virtual cockpit I am finding that the touchscreen is registering the mouse pointer in the wrong location.  For instance if I click on the Pilot Utilities button the Performance button will be clicked instead.  This is only in the virtual cockpit as the 2D pop-up panel seems to work fine.  Any ideas?

Edited by AlaskanGrizzly

He talks about the EFB, not the check list... the EFB is to click on.. works on my side though.. 

6 minutes ago, AlaskanGrizzly said:

When trying to use the EFB touchscreen in both VR and Non-VR virtual cockpit I am finding that the touchscreen is registering the mouse pointer in the wrong location.  For instance if I click on the Pilot Utilities button the Performance button will be clicked instead.  This is only in the virtual cockpit as the 2D pop-up panel seems to work fine.  Any ideas?

Karl Schaefermeyer

Are you using any special mouse software, because this has been known to cause similar issues?  I'm sure PMDG will be aware of this issue and I suggest you use the EFB 2D pop-up panel until it is fixed.  I have already found it preferrable to the docked side panel EFB, mainly because my eyesight is almost totally shot after staring at Flightsim computer screens for far too long!  😉

36 minutes ago, berts said:

Are you using any special mouse software, because this has been known to cause similar issues?  I'm sure PMDG will be aware of this issue and I suggest you use the EFB 2D pop-up panel until it is fixed.  I have already found it preferrable to the docked side panel EFB, mainly because my eyesight is almost totally shot after staring at Flightsim computer screens for far too long!  😉

I am not using anything special and have done a complete uninstall and reinstall of the base and expansion, but like you said I can easily use the 2D pop-up until I figure out if it is a problem on my end or a bug. 

Edited by AlaskanGrizzly

Karl,

Do you get this misalignment even if you set the view directly over the EFB, or is it only when you view it from an angle?

Are you using ChasePlane or any other similar camera utility?

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

47 minutes ago, mfrantz said:

Karl,

Do you get this misalignment even if you set the view directly over the EFB, or is it only when you view it from an angle?

Are you using ChasePlane or any other similar camera utility?

Everything is vanilla with no camera utilities. The misalignment is the same no matter the angle or the graphics resolution.  It seems like the further the cursor gets from the top-left corner of the EFB screen the more pronounced the misalignment becomes.  Here is a short video showing this behavior in the utilities page:

The EFB is the only screen showing this problem as the ECL on cursor mode works just fine.  I have no problems with all the other knobs, switches or screens as well.

Edited by AlaskanGrizzly

3 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

He talks about the EFB, not the check list... the EFB is to click on.. works on my side though.. 

Right you are! My fault for my inaccurate & speedy reading.  Sorry Karl!

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I'm having the exact same issue, resolution is 3840x2160. I'm using ChasePlane, but all the other click-spots etc. work nicely. The pop-out window of the EFB also works flawlessly, it's only the EFB on both sides (Captain's and First Officer's side) that shows this behaviour.

Cheers,

Markus

We found the solution for this:

Open the prepare3d.cfg file and search for this entry:
MAX_VC_TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=
if it is set to 1024, this is what causes this. Change it to either 2048 or 4096 and it will be fixed.

If this setting is left at 1024, not only the clickspots will not work but the screen will be blurry as it will be drawn at half the resolution it was intended to be drawn.

In the next update the EFB touchscreen will work even if the setting is 1024, but we still recommend to change it so that you have a sharper display.

Edited by mfrantz

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Hi guys,

I can confirm that this fixes it for me.

Thank you very much for your support, it really makes a difference when you take your customers seriously and it differentiates you big time compared to other companies (not only within the FS world 😉)!

Cheers

It works great now.  Thanks!

For anyone that doesn't know (like me), the Prepar3d.cfg file is located in your AppData directory, ie   "C:\Users\[Your Profile Name]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg"