Sign in to follow this  
Mejjo

The Rolls-Royce of Flight Sim Delivers Again...

PMDG,

A huge thank you to all the devs, staff, testers etc... For making the project available. I remember buying my first PMDG product from a local games store on disc many years ago, And that's when i just fell in love with the quality. Over all these years i've bought the products for FSX and now P3D and never find fault. Whenever there has been an issue pop up its always been resolved very quickly with a support ticket. Reason for this post is purely to thank you as you've made my flight simming experience much more entertaining over the years. I look forward to buying more in the future!

Thanks again,

Michael O'Halloran

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

A BIG/HUGE +1 from me too!!! ( I was going to start my own thread...)

The first time I pushed the throttles up and pushed TOGA....Oh  my  GAWD!!! The sounds...the...SOUNDS! I was giggling like a little girl! (Needed a change of drawers too). I always liked the 777 engine sounds, but to hear four of them in unison....Hoo hoo hooo!

Took a few minutes to get my d/l link(about 7:00 PM US CDT). Installed fine and runs great!

It appears the the panel states are still corrupted? No huge problem. I also had a couple of small issues with the EFB, but I think that's more of a learning curve thing.

I am surprised that there is a learning curve at all, but that's part of the fun!

Thanks to you, Mr. R and the whole team!

Edited by cgsmithmo
content

So the 747-8 engines sound more like the 777 engines than they do the 747-400? I really enjoy the variety of engine sounds in the -400 (which is why I fly one each of the PW, RR, and GE engine versions), so another unique engine sound for the 747 would be great :smile:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The dash 8 engines are not the same as the 777, but they sound similar. And four of them together....Oh my!!!

The engines are cut from the same cloth as the 787, slightly smaller diameter and of course bleed systems. I agree with the comment on hearing them on the first TOGA.... pretty amazing. The sounds you hear now didn't arrive until about 2/3 through beta testing and it was a very happy surprise.  Not only takeoffs, but hear the rush of air sound during reverse thrust, and how throaty and knarly they growl as they spool down in descent.

Dan Downs KCRP

7 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

So the 747-8 engines sound more like the 777 engines than they do the 747-400? I really enjoy the variety of engine sounds in the -400 (which is why I fly one each of the PW, RR, and GE engine versions), so another unique engine sound for the 747 would be great :smile:

Chris, I suggest you go to YouTube and watch a few 747-8 videos taken from passengers .... try to get a solid of impression how the engines sound in the real world, and then try to compare them to our aircraft.  The intent at PMDG with any of the engine sets we have ever made is to get as close to the sound of the real thing. 🙂👍

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

This 747-8 expansion is an absolutely amazing software.  I join these other flight simmers in thanking PMDG for their unbelievably hard work, dedication and uncompromising commitment to quality in making aircraft simulations that are totally mind blowing.

I have ALL of PMDG's products and will continue to anxiously anticipate their next release, while I am enjoying the great selection that they have available now.

There is no telling the hours of enjoyment that I will have with this new Dash 8.

Thank you PMDG!! You make this hobby so real.

Bob

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, cgsmithmo said:

A BIG/HUGE +1 from me too!!! ( I was going to start my own thread...)

The first time I pushed the throttles up and pushed TOGA....Oh  my  GAWD!!! The sounds...the...SOUNDS! I was giggling like a little girl! (Needed a change of drawers too). I always liked the 777 engine sounds, but to hear four of them in unison....Hoo hoo hooo!

Chris, really appreciate the feedback! 😀

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

N/P Armen. Not at ALL! I just completed a short flight from KHSV to MMMX. Had to execute a go-around. I would've been in heaven again if the thunderstorms weren't bouncing me around. They sound fantastic in reverse too!!! KUDOS!!!

PMDG never disappoints. Nobody gives the simmer more for their money. Haven't seen a PMDG production yet I didn't consider a great bargain. Add to everything first rate documentation and tech support.

What a world it would be if every company and individual approach their work with such a great work ethic. We would all be so much better off.

• Like 1

Vic green

Ditto. I echo your sentiments Michael O'Halloran 100%. PMDG are the Gold Standard for quality, service, innovation, communication and participation. Add my thanks to all the others to everyone involved with Captain Randazzo and PMDG.
But Amazon AWS and the Pacific Region (Thailand) leaves much to be desired!!!!

Chris Stanley VTCC

Add me to this list of thank you's - this is an outstanding piece of software. Simply outstanding.

David Porrett

20 hours ago, Mejjo said:

I remember buying my first PMDG product from a local games store on disc many years ago

Ditto

Yes it's a wonderful plane.. 

And my Goodness - what a storm they have in Moscow this monday 24'th september evening... And Wauw how the plane reacted to this.

... [political comments removed]  ... Then starting from UUEE.. and what a climb while everything was shaking and rattling... Awesome...

And the sound.. Angel music. When you start op the engines.. when the spool up the suddenly the force in the sound expands.. wauw..

I have changed the external APU sound..Too vague I think.

It's such a joy

Jens Michlas 

KBCyxwI.jpg

Flapping wings

u7K8XVh.jpg

WmfRBqG.jpg

• Like 1

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark