Sign in to follow this  
hagley4930

What's your favorite freeware plane?

Guest Stryker

Kirk's Viper with Thunderbirds skin.

Guest neslesman

Thanks Earl, that got me steered in the right direction. I had forgotten that I don't have "Microsoft Word" on my computer after a re-format and for some reason "Wordpad" won't open it. I think it's because it has graphics.I'll just get Microsoft Office re-installed and I should be in business then.The PHP was just in the still zipped document which downloads as zipshow.php. Ahhh the joy of computers, I love em and hate em.

(Most of these are mentioned above. It's nice to see what others prefer...so good thread.)Three aircraft top my personal list. I've flown each of these as much or more than any other similar aircraft:Milton Shupe (& Co) Beech D18SMilton Shupe (& Co) Aero Commander 520Mikko Maliniemi Maule M-7-260I've also spent some considerable seat-time in a handful of more specialized aircraft which, to my taste, are truly superb in their own way:David Copley P-38L LightningBill Lyons Grumman GooseBill Lyons Sikorsky S-43Oliver Fischer Ju-52Rick Piper HS.748And there are plenty of other excellent examples of freeware artistry. Among those that I've flown a bit include: Milton Shupe Howard 500Milton Shupe Spartan ExecutiveRealAir C172 (airfile for MS default aircraft model...special credit here)Robert Sanderson Hawker Hurricanes (IId is the latest)Robert Sanderson StearmanBill Lyons Ryan STAOliver Fischer Bucker JungmannBest,Mike MacKuen

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Ricks HS748Davids BAC1-11Milton and teams Commander seriesAll have detailed VCs and are a joy to fly.

Hear Hear! A rousing second cheer for David Maltby.. BAC-111, Trident, all of them.. fantastic...

Guest mz-cd

You don't get better than Maltby and Piper.Superb aircraft that are EASY to install and WORK.

I rarely (really rarely) ever fly free-ware stuff just because the aircraft I have purchased are so much more *complete*.....That said, if I had to only pick *one*, it would be Bill Lyons' Piper Tri-Pacer, as I have logged more hours in it than any other free-ware aircraft I have.

Guest Kingair315

Second the motion... Bought it as payware, and still prefer it to new payware aircraft that I bought several years later. It was a bargain in its time, and still would be if payware. At $12 it far surpassed in pleasure Ive had from those Ive paid more than double for...When it was made available as FREEWARE, there was no reason everyone should not fly in it. Its a great aircraft for landing on lakes, or in any small strips, and even on aircraft carriers. It does limit you altitude, just as in the real aircraft. But, you can land it most anywhere in an emergency, in a field, even in Wrigley Field or Angel Stadium, and Red Square or even the Kremlin. ;-) Gives you fantastic views flying through Oak Creek Canyon from Sedona, or the Grand Canyon in AZ where Ive flown in a real WACO. You can pay double the tour rate, go up with a stick and pedals in the front cockpit from Sedona, and fly it. Its an amazing experience, when I did it the cost was $180.It also comes with floats...

Guest speedbird591

To make it a favourite it needs a great panel, a great model and great FDE and there aren't many combinations where every factor comes together. Which makes choosing easier:Tinmouse II panel/FFX 737-200Greetmir Goodeguard VRIF Boeing panel/Kittyhawk 737NGDavid Maltby One-elevenDavid Maltby TridentDavid Maltby VC10David Maltby DH CometRick Piper HS748In no particular order.

Guest Dominique

I'm no freeware fanatic flying a lot of payware too because I look for complexity and fidelity but I'm amazed by the "completedness" of some later days FS9 freewares like Shupe's Spartan or Piper's HS748...

What about the Fokker? It has over 260,000 downloads :-lol

Guest Tingoose

That Fokker Dave!!:( . It's interesting that it gets all those downloads and then doesn't get mentioned here?!! Anyone have any theories for this conundrum?