Sign in to follow this  
antonyroma

GSX level 2 - floating jetways and parkings

Hello! I have an issue with GSX level 2: in many default airports (for example Paris CDG, Prague, Manchester, Lisbon, Budapest, Denver) jetways and parking positions are placed 50 feets above the ground, as you can see in the picture. Follow me car works well instead. How can I fix this issue? Thank you.  

prague_floating.jpg

This issue has been discussed on the FSDT support forums.  I would check there for a solution.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

17 minutes ago, pgde said:

This issue has been discussed on the FSDT support forums.  I would check there for a solution.

thank you

@antonyroma
You need to run Orbx's Vector Airport Elevation Corrections. Manually disable the airports.

6 hours ago, Bills511 said:

@antonyroma
You need to run Orbx's Vector Airport Elevation Corrections. Manually disable the airports.

Thank you. I tried your suggestion, but disabling airport in AEC, with FsGlobal active, has adverse effect in airport elevation. It's very strange, that follow me car and other ground vehicles work well unlike jetways and parking marshallers. I hope it will be fixed soonparis_parking.jpg

Edited by antonyroma

1 hour ago, antonyroma said:

I tried your suggestion, but disabling airport in AEC, with FsGlobal active

I also have FS Global.
Is LFPG in the disabled column? Did you hit apply before exiting AEC? If so you my have another AFCAD file conflicting. My Traffic?
OFQnqIU.png?1

As you can mine looks fine.
k11Qeb9.jpg

Edited by Bills511

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 12:52 AM, Bills511 said:

I also have FS Global.
Is LFPG in the disabled column? Did you hit apply before exiting AEC? If so you my have another AFCAD file conflicting. My Traffic?
OFQnqIU.png?1

As you can mine looks fine.
k11Qeb9.jpg

Thank you for your answer. This works but disabling the airport in AEC makes this annoying plateau

airport_on_a_plateau.jpg

On 9/23/2018 at 4:50 AM, antonyroma said:

Hello! I have an issue with GSX level 2: in many default airports (for example Paris CDG, Prague, Manchester, Lisbon, Budapest, Denver) jetways and parking positions are placed 50 feets above the ground, as you can see in the picture. Follow me car works well instead. How can I fix this issue? Thank you.  

prague_floating.jpg

GSX incleuded the feature :

Airport elevation , right at the top when you edit the airport

Edited by charliearon
Fixed eplanation of how to fix the problem
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As Peter posted above, you click GSX Airport Settings from you Addons menu and on the top right you can see the airport elevation it's using to "park" the jetways and markings. If your aircraft is on the ground, you can click the little aircraft icon and it will set the jetways elevation to whatever your aircraft elevation is, which should fix it 99% of the time. You may have to go into the Couatl menu and restart/rebuild airport cache to see the changes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/28/2018 at 12:40 AM, antonyroma said:

This works but disabling the airport in AEC makes this annoying plateau

This is because the airport is flat and the terrain surrounding the airport is not flat.  It is very common to see this even if at some airports the step change is minor, it can be significant where terrain is sloping.  As long as we are stuck with flat airports you are going to see this.

If you use Pilots mesh then you can use their AFM tool to create gradual slopes around the flat airport to make a transition to the surrounding terrain.  I don't know of any other tools that do this.

Dan Downs KCRP

i hope this helps someone i recently installed freemesh and orbx global+vectors so it changed the airport elevations go into gsx customise parking spot at the very top right click on airport elevation it will correct that thanks.

Sometime, it could also be that the BGL is too big, and GSX does not scan big files (like those of Robert Caterall/Ray Smith) There is a way to make GSX scan large files by adding a line in the .ini file.

It’s the couatl.ini file in your users/yourname/appdata/roaming/virtuali/ folder.

Add these lines to the ini file typed exactly as I have here:

airportCacheOptimizeSearch=1
airportCacheMaxBGLSizeBytes=10000000

You can change the byte size to what you want...4000000 is default.

i had the same problem with a freeware KDEN, and this solved it.  Worth trying anyway!

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Hi GSXv2 users, I just installed Aerosoft PANC & PAFA to P3Dv5. I’ve added some nice GSX aerobridges to PAFA but when returning to this airport all the aerobridges are hanging in the air. Ive set the elevation in gsx which brings them back down correctly but if I re-boot the sim or even reset and rebuild the airport cache the aerobridges are all up in the air once again.

Ive tried adding the lines as stated above in the previous post but still the same flying bridges.

Any Other fixes out there?

thx

IM

34 minutes ago, Iceman2 said:

Any Other fixes out there?

Awaiting a fix from FSDT, an issue with ADEV5 afcads, an issue raised at the beginning of May