Sign in to follow this  
Sheldo

The famous white box has gone in Q.O.S update

😍 Well I don't know what you did in this update of QOS but the white box in the windscreen has gone guys !!

It's still there in all other PMDG aircraft (hope this helps you find what was causing it)

Good luck

Keith

Hi,Thanks for that ,but I'm sorry I don't understand what it is used for,and when in the past the only way was to slide the 2D slider to 100% to get rid of it then the FMC pop up wouldn't show up to allow me to move it to another screen.

If it's intentional I would like to know what it's for please.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your comment,but why have it in the windcsreen if it can be moved ?

Q.O.T.S. is now functioning the  way I always had with all of my PMDG aircraft (no white box) 

If I'm seeming to appear ungrateful to your response it's not intentional believe me, I was really happy to report this find as its been annoying me since I started using VR occasionally with PMDG aircraft.

I do hope you can help me with how to understand it's use and necessity please, as I would rather not have to keep remembering to reset the 2D slider to 100% to remove it when I want to use my Oculus Rift.

Regards

Keith

Keith,

It is acting as a kind of "light sensor" to adjust the brightness of 2D pop-up panels to time of day and cockpit lighting (flood lights, backlight) conditions. It still does, but it is not visible.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Ok Thanks for that info,but can you not move it from the windscreen on VR for your other aircraft (which I have all)

Surely It makes no sense if its simply a sensor for the graphics, to be stuck in the center of the screen does it ?

Maybe its me ?

I would welcome your views

Regards

Keith

3 hours ago, Sheldo said:

Ok Thanks for that info,but can you not move it from the windscreen on VR for your other aircraft

Give them time, I'm sure updates will solve this issue eventually.

Dan Downs KCRP

Keith,

For the other PMDG aircraft:

Open the aircraft's panel.cfg and find a window labeled "Light Sensor". For example in the 777 this looks like this:

//
// Light Sensor
//
[Window18]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=100,100,100
size_mm=4, 4
position=0
nomenu=1
visible=1
ident=499
zorder=99

gauge00=PMDG_777X!LightSensor, 0,   0,   4,   4

You need to add this line:

alpha_blend=0.0

after zorder=99 to make the white box disappear.

This white box was just I tiny box at the top left of the VC view and didn't bother anyone. But now with VR it displays as a big box at the center of the screen because of the way the VR implements viewing 2D panels.

• Upvote 2

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Hi,

Thank you so much for this info I'm sure other users will appreciate the information,now that's what I call after sales service 👍

Top company, top service, simply the best  👍

I really appreciate your time with me on this one

Best regards

Keith

1 hour ago, mfrantz said:

You need to add this line:

alpha_blend=0.0

Legend 

thanks 🙏