Sign in to follow this  
donkey20048

DARK moving map

hi all

abolsutely love the 747-8. Have one small issue about the moving map - it works amazing and so smooth but even with my brightness on the displays turned up the map is still quite dark / hard to read the taxi identifers / stands etc

is anyone else experiencing this? any suggestions are welcome thanks

Stewart Cumbers

24 minutes ago, donkey20048 said:

thanks for reply - i am using the default built in short state

The instruction was to delete it and use a new one. Was this carried out?

Kyle Rodgers

1 minute ago, donkey20048 said:

yes it was deleted i think it might be my monitor as tried it on a spare and its better - sorry to waste ur time

I doubt that’s it, unless by ‘better’ you mean ‘normal’. Are you using and shader mods?

Kyle Rodgers

1 minute ago, scandinavian13 said:

Are you using and shader mods?

This might not help him but for future issue tracking you (Kyle) might find this helpful (or not 😂):

I used to use PTA with first URP installed without reshade, later I used Matt Davies‘ preset. It looked nice in PMDG aircraft until 4.2. Since 4.3 they have been a lot too dark (and way too much contrast) to be used without modifications... some areas in the cockpit were fine but displays and OHP and pedestal were really really dark with exaggerated use of shadows. I‘ve ditched them which obviously makes it „normal“ again. I know that other people have no issues using these presets so this pretty much must depend on the screen, the NVIDIA colour settings or other system specific modifications. 

1. Shader mods might be responsible

2. Check at PMDG SETUP > SIMULATION OPTIONS a new option named HDR ADJUSTMENT LEVEL (page 7/10). See PMDG_747_Introduction.pdf pages 103 & 170 for more details.

• Upvote 1

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

If you guys will not offer any advise good or bad please shut the F up - Kyle is not rude to anyone and i do not take offence by any of his comments so why must u all wade in to be keyboard warriors - if you dont want to offer advise good or bad on my question please sod off

Kyle thanks all sorted now - seems to be due to some shader issues i had.

Ephedrin and mfrantz - thanks for help also

• Upvote 1

Stewart Cumbers

and where in his explanation in the shot u provided rude? seriously grow up and go away as ur not here to help but just shopw how "strong" you are behind ur keyboard

Stewart Cumbers

8 minutes ago, donkey20048 said:

If you guys will not offer any advise good or bad please shut the F up - Kyle is not rude to anyone and i do not take offence by any of his comments so why must u all wade in to be keyboard warriors - if you dont want to offer advise good or bad on my question please sod off

Kyle thanks all sorted now - seems to be due to some shader issues i had.

Ephedrin and mfrantz - thanks for help also

A bit stronger words than I would've liked to see, but am very glad to see you were able to work it out.

Glad you understood what I was attempting to point out (that 'better' could mean "good but not great" or "back to normal").

Kyle Rodgers

1 minute ago, donkey20048 said:

and where in his explanation in the shot u provided rude? seriously grow up and go away as ur not here to help but just shopw how "strong" you are behind ur keyboard

To be honest, I'm not sure either (though I've hidden it for being unsigned, and also for kind of trolling and being off topic. Appreciate the support, but it goes with the territory.

You haven't made it on the internet until you get a dedicated reddit hate mob...

Kyle Rodgers

I don't see where Kyle was rude.

He answered and offered three possible causes (shaders, HDR settings and panel states). Then I added one more possibility (HDR compensation feature).

The user solved his problem and it seems by using Kyles first suggestion (shaders).

Where is the rudeness?

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

9 hours ago, mfrantz said:

I don't see where Kyle was rude.

He answered and offered three possible causes (shaders, HDR settings and panel states). Then I added one more possibility (HDR compensation feature).

The user solved his problem and it seems by using Kyles first suggestion (shaders).

Where is the rudeness?

Wasn't Kyle, but apparently somebody else whose posts were hidden for not being signed.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.