Sign in to follow this  
BJHawk

[BUG?] Rainmaker effects change immediately

BUG /Not implemented yet?/

Rainmeter rain effects switch immediately betwen rain/wiper uppon switching the wiper switch, either on or off, not actually simulating wiping.

P3D 4.3.29.25520

747-8F v. 3.00.9008

Win 10 x64

How to replicate

Load the aircraft

Have rain

Switch Wipers on or off

Look at the window

Just how we had to do it given the constraints of the sim. We’re already pushing the animation to its limits.

Kyle Rodgers

Well then don't implement it at all, making ruckus about it. I thought PMDG went with psychology "All or nothing" given how so many systems are simulated. I would be happy with it as it were up to now without any effect at all instead of this with no option to turn it off. Or is there a way?

Edited by BJHawk

8 hours ago, BJHawk said:

Well then don't implement it at all, making ruckus about it. I thought PMDG went with psychology "All or nothing" given how so many systems are simulated. I would be happy with it as it were up to now without any effect at all instead of this with no option to turn it off. Or is there a way?

Thanks for your feedback.

Kyle Rodgers

9 hours ago, BJHawk said:

I would be happy with it as it were up to now without any effect at all instead of this with no option to turn it off. Or is there a way?

You can turn RainMaker off if you wish. Ref. page 196 of the Intro document.

Cheers,

Henning

dc6_devteam_banner.jpg

4 hours ago, henningvr said:

You can turn RainMaker off if you wish. Ref. page 196 of the Intro document.

Thanks, I missed that. But I am affraid this is not the way to go. Have to test it first, but I think it will also turn off effect in competitors planes, which also simulate windshield effects. And that's what I don't want. Being forced to change simulator setting affecting everything else is not good strategy.

2 hours ago, BJHawk said:

Thanks, I missed that. But I am affraid this is not the way to go. Have to test it first, but I think it will also turn off effect in competitors planes, which also simulate windshield effects. And that's what I don't want. Being forced to change simulator setting affecting everything else is not good strategy.

Why would something that PMDG built have an effect on competitors' planes. I don't know of any other aircraft that even uses PMDG's RainMaker.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

PMDG built "Windshield Effects" option in the simulator? WOW, they must be on good terms with LM that they let them into the code.....

15 minutes ago, BJHawk said:

PMDG built "Windshield Effects" option in the simulator? WOW, they must be on good terms with LM that they let them into the code.....

What are you talking about?! :blink:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 hour ago, BJHawk said:

So  fsl   319   came  with  rain effects  with their  aircraft   and  doesn't  effect  other aircraft  so  what's the  difference  here

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Changing sim settings is actually pretty normal.. when I fly high and fast (PMDG, FSL) I use a different setting from when I fly A2A slowly between the trees. Quite easy to change by saving profiles. 

Still: what has Rainmaker to do with others? Some use Trueglass, some have their own stuff. Rainmaker is the name of PMDG‘s raindition. ^^ but the function itself depends on the inside P3D to be allowed to show (I suppose). So the easiest way might be the P3D settings.

but although Kyle has confirmed that it was made 1 or 0, I still see some very smooth visuals. No idea where the problem is... there are no edges visible. Everything lools great here

6 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

So  fsl   319   came  with  rain effects  with their  aircraft   and  doesn't  effect  other aircraft  so  what's the  difference  here

What do you mean with „effect other aircraft“? 

Just now, Ephedrin said:

What do you mean with „effect other aircraft“? 

means  that  it  doesnt  work  on other  aircraft  and  if  you managed  to turn it  off some  how  it  wont  change  anything  on other  aircraft  you have  installed,   bit  like  with  rainmaker  with the  -8    

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Neither FSL’s version nor Rainmaker aren‘t supposed to work on other aircraft.. only the 319 on their side and the 748 on the PMDG side have it. 

But of course, if you shut off the windshield effects in P3D it will turn them off globally and not only for PMDG

but I‘m not sure if you can turn them off in the Airbus anyway.. never tried it, I‘m happy to have it.

Edited by Ephedrin