Sign in to follow this  
daan_vb

Blurries when flying over UK

Hi there,I'm having a problem with my ground textures when flying over the UK. They always go really blurry and look awful. This only happens when flying over the UK. When i fly over Europe the ground textures become sharp again.I recently flew from Manchester to Nice and when flying over England, shortly after take-off, all the textures went really blurry. But once I got over France the ground textures were sharp and looked nice.Can anyone help me with this problem. The only scenery I have installed for the UK is all the UK2000 airports and FSScene Europe ground scenery. Its just puzzling me why it only happens over the UK.Thanks very muchDan

WAT1036.png

Similar things happening here, UK is always very slow and sometimes blurred. Never been able to pinpoint the problem, but my guess its due to the scenery which is apparently harder on the system.

Do you think its the UK2000 scenery or the UK scenery in general. Are there any textures that make it easier on the system.... Although if you're having problems with your system I don't think I'd have a chance on mine....

WAT1036.png

Guest Tingoose

Almost certainly to do with addon scneries such as UK2000 and/or any other. The UK is quite small with a high concentration of airports. Unfortunately, if like me you enjoy flying in the UK, it's a problem. Try going up to the north of Scotland and see if that makes a difference? I often avoid UK flying exactly because of this and go to my other favourite areas.

Looks like i've got some uninstalling to do then. Will uninstall airports i never visit and see if that helps.

WAT1036.png

Guest martin842

Try reducing maximum visibility to 19 miles (which is often recommended on these forums for the sake of realism - and for some technical reason related to MSFS it needs to be less than 20 miles). This might save you having to uninstall any of your airports.Martin

I can't reduce visibilty less than 60 miles in teh display options in FS. How do you reduce it to 19 miles? Also is this realistic?

WAT1036.png

Guest martin842

You can do it by changing the following line in FS9.CFG from:MAX_UNLIMITED_VIS=96560to:MAX_UNLIMITED_VIS=48280If you decide you like this setting, then note that every time you click OK in Settings > Display, MSFS resets this value to 96560 (or something like that).As to whether it really is realistic, I cannot say, but other forum memners have stated so. It *looks* realistic to me.See http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchMartin