Sign in to follow this  
redsonssi

PMDG 747-8 Engine

1 minute ago, captainsazzman said:

By the way, I noticed that changing the fuel quantities on the 747-400 causes the payload to change. The ZFW either: A) jumps around or B) stays the same, but the distribution of passengers and cargo move around from the numbers they were previously set to. Also, the SHORT panel state causes the captain PFD to load black, and the brightness knob just makes a black screen brighter black. just some observations for the team.

I know you know we're in here trying to be helpful, but stuff like this needs to go to support with as much detail as you can provide, as I think you know.

We're in here trying to hit common issues. We may see a post like this, make a note to come back to it, and then lose it in the posts that keep popping up.

Kyle Rodgers

1 minute ago, scandinavian13 said:

I know you know we're in here trying to be helpful, but stuff like this needs to go to support with as much detail as you can provide, as I think you know.

We're in here trying to hit common issues. We may see a post like this, make a note to come back to it, and then lose it in the posts that keep popping up.

shall i open a ticket? also, the weight issue reminds me of something similar with the 777 way back in 2015/2016

Edited by captainsazzman

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

2 minutes ago, captainsazzman said:

shall i open a ticket?

I can't reproduce it (any of it), so if you want someone to look into it some more, I'd recommend it.

All the same, actual issues need to go to support. That's the official channel for it. Here is user-to-user support.

Edited by scandinavian13
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

1 minute ago, scandinavian13 said:

I can't reproduce it (any of it), so if you want someone to look into it some more, I'd recommend it.

All the same, actual issues need to go to support. That's the official channel for it. Here is user-to-user support.

thanks

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I'm at work now however I had the same issue yesterday.

I'll raise a ticket if it happens again when I get home.

But for some early insight....

I deleted my old version installed using the uninstall option from: (Win 10) Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features.

Rebooted PC.

Installed updated B744 using newly downloaded installer from last night.

Opened P3D (academic version) and chose YMAV (ORBX) selected B744 Qantas and plane loaded on active, default panel state (I don't have any saved panel states from older install)

No engines running however, APU running, aircraft powered up, packs running and engines were wobbling on their pylons, wings not moving, weather default P3D Fair Weather, no weather program running. Fuel 38%, Payload 5%.  This was the first time running newest version of B744.

Started engines following normal start-up procedure and next time I took external view all was fine.

I existed P3D. Check with PMDG OC and all seemed OK.

Installed B747-8, opened P3D, selected Lufthansa B748 and all looked good.

Will try again with B744 when home and see what I find.

Havent had this issue yet(not event taking off, etc.....   But its true, when changing fuel its like all the fuel jumps into the aircraft and i see they start moving(or the entire airframe id say?), but stops right away, so... Seems like a software working figure.... i dont see anything wrong really.   Or may be i actually dont see any engine vibration and its wrong as well...   

Too soon, 2nd flight yet.   

Happy flying...

Edited by Raphael_Chacon

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556

Just to be a bit more specific with what was or was not observed on Matt's (Chewwy's) stream yesterday with this issue, what occurred wasn't wing/engine flex during flight when passing through turbulence or cloud layers; I assume this behavior is just due to PMDG's usual attention to detail.

But after Matt had landed and was very slowly taxiing, he showed a wing view and the engines were quite visibly "shaking" or "wiggling" even though the wing was stationary.  Then later, he showed the wing view again while he was parked at the stand and the engines had started shaking again.  I don't think he was even refueling at that point so their was nothing 'dynamic' going on; the engines just seemed to want to dance to the beat...of something.

I haven't had time to investigate this myself, but it pretty clearly matched the OP so I wanted to bring it up as an example.  Matt may have a VOD up on his YT channel by now that shows it all.

Cheers,

Kevin Stalcup

Kevin S

7 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Robert, 

I have seen this today in FACT without having any camera addons installed. only TrackIR in use (and AS4)

Same here. No camera addons or TrackIR

Mario Lobo

P3D v:4.5| Win 10 2004 x64 pro | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E | i9-9900KS@ 5.1Ghz(OC) | Thermaltake Water Extreme 3.0 | G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-32GTRS TZ Royal (16x2)32G Kit DDR4 3200Mhz | 11GB RTX 2080 TI Asus STRIX OC| 1x Samsung 970 PRO M.2 512GB | Samsung 970 PRO 1TB | 2x Samsung 860 PRO 2TB| Tt ToughpowerXT 875W | CoolerMaster HAF X Tower

Same thing happening to me. All engine indications in the cockpit are normal.

Presently flying from KIAH-PANC at FL380 with winds 234@78. Doesn't do it all the time but it has happened during the flight periodically with all 4 engines shaking.

https://youtu.be/v15Ek_rSK4c

Yep... Happening to me too. Both at the gate and in flight.

Pablo Vazquez - Flight Attendant - Major US Airline

(P3D v4.3, PMDG 744v3, PMDG 748, PMDG 777, PMDG 737 NGX, QualityWings 787, Captain Sim 757, Aerosoft Airbus Professional and FSLabs A320x)

1hxz6d.jpg

On 9/23/2018 at 6:41 PM, AirCanada235 said:

Rob - - I can replicate by turning the parking brakes on and off.  With them off a idle - they are shaking.  Parking brake set - no shaking

Stefan,

What you are describing is not actually the subject matter at hand.  What you are seeing is a long standing issue within P3D in which large aricraft develop a "cold dog shake" if the parking brake is not set and the engines are at idle power.

Nothing we can do about that until we complete our acquisition of Lockheed Martin Corporation.  I'm still working on that- but still about $300B shy...

• Like 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Gents,

I **think** I was finally able to nail this down.

The issue was the bane of game coders everwhere:  Unstable FPS disrupting a computational process that is heavily dependent upon dT. 

(differential equations are heavily involved in the computation of a flexing engine mount with thousands of pounds bolted to the end of it.)

I just spent the afternoon working through a change in the method in order to make the dT process a bit more robust and resistant to sudden, instantaneous hiccups in the refresh rate of the sim. 

It'll need the wide data scatter of a real world test to be sure we have it nailed down.  It is hard to test locally because you guys load more stuff into your sim than I do- since I don't want all manner of things interfering with baseline testing during code development.

Stay tuned.

(I'm going to lock this thread, as such threads tend to attract lots of "OH ME TOO!" that actually is unrelated and clouds the data points...  Lets reconvene after we get the update to you guys!

• Like 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com