Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

-8 questions about tutorial and manuals and other stuff.

11 hours ago, downscc said:

You should submit a support ticket if you want to communicate to PMDG.  They accept feature requests.

Thanks - I actually did open a ticket about 2 weeks ago. But they replied “the SDK is available” - so I’m caught between the hardware vendor who needs something new from PMDG and PMDG who says (I guess) they provided it. It works in the 747-400, 777, and 737 just fine so something must’ve changed...

ugcx_banner.png

8 hours ago, frantzy said:

Thanks - I actually did open a ticket about 2 weeks ago. But they replied “the SDK is available” - so I’m caught between the hardware vendor who needs something new from PMDG and PMDG who says (I guess) they provided it. It works in the 747-400, 777, and 737 just fine so something must’ve changed...

Mike,

What I answered in the ticket is that the developer needs to contacts us with exactly what is not working in order to check it and fix it f needed. Nobody contacted us about that.

Edited by Olympic260
  • Upvote 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

8 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

Mike,

What I answered in the ticket is that the developer needs to contacts us with exactly what is not working in order to check it and fix it f needed. Nobody contacted us about that.

Hi Chris - yes that’s right, and I relayed that information in their support forum to Steve from Pollypot software, the developer of GoFlight Interface Tool, who has become de facto support for linking GoFlight modules to complex add-ons. (GoFlight itself seems to have gone largely dormant on the software development front).

But I can’t compel how and when the companies I buy from to work with one another.  When I asked again today he replied today that he is working other issues and will get to it in the New Year.

Don’t get me wrong- I’m extremely satisfied and amazed with the past collaboration among PMDG, GoFlight and Pollypot which allow me to fly the other PMDG with these hardware add-ons.

I’m sure this one will get sorted in time, I was just trying to accelerate the process and understand the issue better myself.  I had been holding off on flying the -8, thinking this might be a quick fix since everything else works with the GoFlight modules.

I think the modeling of the EFIS Range knob DID change from a selector in the -400 to a rotary in the -8, right Chris?  

If so wouldn’t that mean the SDK - or at least the values supplied by PMDG to add-ons - would need revision too?

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by frantzy

ugcx_banner.png

1 hour ago, frantzy said:

Hi Chris - yes that’s right, and I relayed that information in their support forum to Steve from Pollypot software, the developer of GoFlight Interface Tool, who has become de facto support for linking GoFlight modules to complex add-ons. (GoFlight itself seems to have gone largely dormant on the software development front).

But I can’t compel how and when the companies I buy from to work with one another.  When I asked again today he replied today that he is working other issues and will get to it in the New Year.

Don’t get me wrong- I’m extremely satisfied and amazed with the past collaboration among PMDG, GoFlight and Pollypot which allow me to fly the other PMDG with these hardware add-ons.

I’m sure this one will get sorted in time, I was just trying to accelerate the process and understand the issue better myself.  I had been holding off on flying the -8, thinking this might be a quick fix since everything else works with the GoFlight modules.

I think the modeling of the EFIS Range knob DID change from a selector in the -400 to a rotary in the -8, right Chris?  

If so wouldn’t that mean the SDK - or at least the values supplied by PMDG to add-ons - would need revision too?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike, these values might need revision. I have asked as well the development team to check, but without knowing exactly what the 3rd party developer is looking for we just guessing here.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

4 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

Mike, these values might need revision. I have asked as well the development team to check, but without knowing exactly what the 3rd party developer is looking for we just guessing here.

Thanks Chris I appreciate that. I unfortunately can’t help with technical details other than to say he’s looking for the command that turns the range between 10-20-40-80-160-320-640 miles when the dial on this device is rotated:

GoFlight EFIS

ugcx_banner.png