Sign in to follow this  
mmr1704

PMDG747-8 CANT FLY AFTER 1800FT!!!!!!

i just bought pmdg 747-8 after uninstalling pmdg 747-400 an reinstalling as told i tried to make a flight with my new 747-8 but after takeoff exactly after oassing 1800ft the pfd and nd start to display airspeed and altitude very laggy cant retract my flaps or cant control anything on mcp or fmc... i uninstalled and reisntalled both 747-400 and 747-8 many times but problem still there i cant make any flight with my newly bought product... it is very frustrating... please help...

2 hours ago, mmr1704 said:

i just bought pmdg 747-8 after uninstalling pmdg 747-400 an reinstalling as told i tried to make a flight with my new 747-8 but after takeoff exactly after oassing 1800ft the pfd and nd start to display airspeed and altitude very laggy cant retract my flaps or cant control anything on mcp or fmc... i uninstalled and reisntalled both 747-400 and 747-8 many times but problem still there i cant make any flight with my newly bought product... it is very frustrating... please help...

I don't know if it's related to yours, but I just experienced something similar.  I was just taking the -8 up for a joy ride around EDDF.  I was able to taxi fine, but then, just before taking the runway, it was as if my controls no longer worked.  I could see the rudder pedals moving, but the nosewheel wouldn't turn in the sim.  My throttle didn't work either.  I could still control it with F1-F4 however.  I tried slewing to 10k' to try and see if my yoke would work.  Well, I could see the yoke moving, but nothing happened with the control surfaces on the wing.  I don't know exactly what happened.  The last thing I did before I noticed everything froze up was turn the windshield wipers off as it had stopped raining.  Was very strange.

Are you using FSUIPC?  If so, move the FSUIPC ini file to your desktop and test.  If that isn't the problem you can put it back.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Overclocks? ASUS mobos?

Yes! Both!  But, my OC is very modest on the i7-6700k.  And yes, my MOBO is ASUS.  I believe the Rog Strix.  But, I’m not at home atm, so I can’t tell for sure.

Just now, KORDATC said:

Yes! Both!  But, my OC is very modest on the i7-6700k.  And yes, my MOBO is ASUS.  I believe the Rog Strix.  But, I’m not at home atm, so I can’t tell for sure.

VIII Hero, according to your sig (which won't show if you're on mobile).

Might be the ASUS CMOS battery issue...might.

Kyle Rodgers

5 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

That’d be the correct one then.  I haven’t read too much into that battery issue.

3 minutes ago, KORDATC said:

That’d be the correct one then.  I haven’t read too much into that battery issue.

That and a latent BIOS issue over the years causes your HPET to get out of whack, and since we time a lot of our stuff off of the HPET, if that gets weird, then the plane will too.

Kyle Rodgers

49 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

That and a latent BIOS issue over the years causes your HPET to get out of whack, and since we time a lot of our stuff off of the HPET, if that gets weird, then the plane will too.

Interesting.  Well, I’ll keep flying it and hoping it doesn’t happen again.  If it does, may have to buy a new MOBO

30 minutes ago, KORDATC said:

Interesting.  Well, I’ll keep flying it and hoping it doesn’t happen again.  If it does, may have to buy a new MOBO

The BIOS can be flashed pretty easily, and the CMOS battery should be pretty easy to get to once you have the cover off.

Usually...mine's kinda partially under one of my GPUs...

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

On 9/23/2018 at 4:46 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Never gonna live this one down. Sorry man. 

I also had this exact thing happen to me, also taking off out of EDDF/07C (coincidence?) After it happend i restarted my pc and attempted the flight again with the exact same parameters. It happend again like clockwork.

In case someone wants to reproduce to test it on their end

EDDF/07C TOBAK9D TOBAK (rte wpts) DATUM DATUM LDAW23 RJTT/23

ZHW: 250

Block fuel: 115000

The past days i had flown the 748 without any problems out of EDDF although that was always off of rwy 18 maybe it’s something with the sid for rwy 07c?

Yes i also happen to have the ASUS Hero motherboard although i highly doubt it is related since i fly long haul everyday pretty much for the past year with any type of pmdg aircraft and this is the first time this issue has ever popped up and i have never had a problem with my motherboard.

Tristan

1 hour ago, TheFl4me said:

I also had this exact thing happen to me, also taking off out of EDDF/07C (coincidence?) After it happend i restarted my pc and attempted the flight again with the exact same parameters. It happend again like clockwork.

In case someone wants to reproduce to test it on their end

EDDF/07C TOBAK9D TOBAK (rte wpts) DATUM DATUM LDAW23 RJTT/23

ZHW: 250

Block fuel: 115000

The past days i had flown the 748 without any problems out of EDDF although that was always off of rwy 18 maybe it’s something with the sid for rwy 07c?

Yes i also happen to have the ASUS Hero motherboard although i highly doubt it is related since i fly long haul everyday pretty much for the past year with any type of pmdg aircraft and this is the first time this issue has ever popped up and i have never had a problem with my motherboard.

Tristan

Mine occurred using the reciprocal runway 25C at EDDF.  Granted, I hadn’t loaded an actual flight plan into the FMS.  All I did, was load up the new plane at the gate with the engine already running, I did set EDDF into the FMS to test out the ground map on the ND.