Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

On the Fence for CS - 757

I am still on the fence in buying this plane. If I understand there Block System all I need at this time is "Bock B" and a freeware sound system from AVSIM. I have read many posts mostly negative concerning the CS 757; however, I am very impressed with the pics showing the VC and the plane's exterior shots. I understand there is still lacking the realism and detail of operations as the PMDG and LDL;however if one is comparing the 757 to say an airbus CLS or PSS would it be a step above when you consider the features such as VC, overall fight dynamics, fps, and simplicity in flying. Would appreciate any commments. Finally would anyone know if the CS 757 autopilot works with FSNav.Thanks,Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest Tingoose

I haven't got the CS757 so can't comment on the issues from experience but you might do what I'm doing and that is to wait for the LDS 757. If their 767 is anything to go by it'll be the ultimate 757 addon. I understand what you mean by the CS pics though. I do rate them as the ultimate in texturing and screenshooting but I worry about what's under the bonnet so to speak.

Just wait until they release the all the stupid block things and then see if it's worth your money. By then, the LDS 757 will probably be out (or close to being out) and of course thats almost guaranteed to be a better buy than anything CS can come up with.

No doubt the LDS 757 will be the role model, but that may still be many months away. I guess you can say I becoming a little impatient. I expect the PSS model will be out shortly but I will have to invest around $50. I figure an investment of $25 for now will hold me over till the LDS. If CS is on par with a CLS (since I own the A300) it may be worth it for now.Thanks for your reply,Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest Tingoose

CarlJust a thought, but maybe the freeware Project Opensky 757 will keep you going until the LDS. I used to fly it and I'm sure it works with FS Nav. It's good and it has a VC, albeit non clickable and free.

Or if you own LDS 767, you could merge it with the freeware 757 from Posky. I have made a few flights with this hybrid and found no significant problems.Best regards,Rafal

The answer is use POSKY's 757 for the mo' Capt Sim block system is a load of bull!. As Mike T stated "I think that the BLOCK approach is a GREAT idea, but the execution of it was totally sophomoric. Had the product been completed in full then released in blocks it would have been truly great."

Thanks all,IsmetM believe it or not I have been using the Poskys' 757 along with the 2D panel from the CS site. It is a good combination, and it does work with FSNav. I have been enjoying several Posky planes especially the A330s. I keep asking myself why the CS when the Posky should be good enough. The problem is I like a good VC and wingviews and it appears CS will have the wingviews with an add on sometime this month.(?) (not holding my breath on that one.) Rafal, didn't know you could merge the LDS with the posky 757. I guess I need to do a search for the merge. Can the VC be merged as well? That would be a real winner. Ed, can't disagree with you there. By the way keep those great pics and videos comming enjoy them all especially the Tristars.Regards,Carl

Carl

Guest ThrottleUp

---------------------------------------------------I think that the BLOCK approach is a GREAT idea, but the execution of it was totally sophomoric. Had the product been completed in full then released in blocks it would have been truly great---------------------------------------------------I could not have put it better myself. The visual model looks brilliant. Perhaps the next "block" release will be more smooth...Im sure they have read all the posts on here regarding the seven-fifty!