Sign in to follow this  
eslader

really weird pulsing motion effect...

It's kind of hard to describe, but I made a video. You can especially notice it about halfway through the vid when I bank right. The ground goes by in this rhythmic pulse, speeding up, then slowing down. Display settings don't seem to have any effect on this issue. I can bring them all the way down and it still pulses. I can bring them most of the way up and the pulsing doesn't get any worse. Nothing is maxed out in performance monitor. The vid card never gets above 40% utilization. Ram use is between 50 and 70%. None of the processor cores get above 80%. I did go into processor affinity and uncheck core 0 so that other things using that core wouldn't create overhead for p3d. That actually made everything smoother framerate-wise, but the pulsing didn't change.

The only change before this started was upgrading the vidcard from a GTX760 to a 1080 T. I did uninstall the old software (EVGA) and install the new stuff (Asus), so that shouldn't be interfering. I am running all graphics settings within p3d - nothing "optimized" in the vidcard software. The drivers are the latest from nvidia.

It does this no matter what plane I'm flying - I only chose the fighter for the vid because it's easier to see. The effect doesn't get worse even if I load something intensive like the PMDG 747. 

P3d4, win10 pro, Ryzen 7 2700x mildly OC'd to 4.1ghz, 16g ram, 11g vram on the 1080Ti, and it's only driving the monitors at 1680x1050 - I don't have a 4k monitor. You can see the active programs on the taskbar - I ran Air Hauler 2 because that's almost always running when the sim's running. It doesn't change anything if I close that though. You'll see after the bank that I slow it down to legal speeds to show that it isn't because the autogen scenery is being loaded too fast (although everything's on an SSD so it shouldn't really be an issue anyway) - you still get the pulsing below 250kts.

Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated.

8 minutes ago, eslader said:

It's kind of hard to describe, but I made a video. You can especially notice it about halfway through the vid when I bank right. The ground goes by in this rhythmic pulse, speeding up, then slowing down. Display settings don't seem to have any effect on this issue. I can bring them all the way down and it still pulses. I can bring them most of the way up and the pulsing doesn't get any worse. Nothing is maxed out in performance monitor. The vid card never gets above 40% utilization. Ram use is between 50 and 70%. None of the processor cores get above 80%. I did go into processor affinity and uncheck core 0 so that other things using that core wouldn't create overhead for p3d. That actually made everything smoother framerate-wise, but the pulsing didn't change.

The only change before this started was upgrading the vidcard from a GTX760 to a 1080 T. I did uninstall the old software (EVGA) and install the new stuff (Asus), so that shouldn't be interfering. I am running all graphics settings within p3d - nothing "optimized" in the vidcard software. The drivers are the latest from nvidia.

It does this no matter what plane I'm flying - I only chose the fighter for the vid because it's easier to see. The effect doesn't get worse even if I load something intensive like the PMDG 747. 

P3d4, win10 pro, Ryzen 7 2700x mildly OC'd to 4.1ghz, 16g ram, 11g vram on the 1080Ti, and it's only driving the monitors at 1680x1050 - I don't have a 4k monitor. You can see the active programs on the taskbar - I ran Air Hauler 2 because that's almost always running when the sim's running. It doesn't change anything if I close that though. You'll see after the bank that I slow it down to legal speeds to show that it isn't because the autogen scenery is being loaded too fast (although everything's on an SSD so it shouldn't really be an issue anyway) - you still get the pulsing below 250kts.

Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated.

It's stuttering I've got the same issue,not sure what the cause is. If you pull up your frame counter youll see it go from the 50and 60s down to 30 something for sec then back to 60. It's like the sim is loading somthing every few seconds.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Yeah, I noticed that, but even if I lock the framerate at 30fps it still pulses.

24 minutes ago, eslader said:

Yeah, I noticed that, but even if I lock the framerate at 30fps it still pulses.

If your using the latest drivers from Invida I hear they can caude this something to do with power management 

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.