Sign in to follow this  
LH1711

Low intesity of panel integral lights

Dear Developers,

Since the installation of the new version of the 744 and the 748 into P3D v4.3 my integral lights are suffering from low intensitiy.

I did 2 full and clean installations of both products and the problem still persists.

Marc Hotul

Edited by LH1711

Marc, full names on all posts here please.  Also, the only way to communicate directly with PMDG is at PMDG Product Support.  This is a user forum, and although given a complete description of your problem other users may suggest a solution, you have directed your post to PMDG.  Please open a support account and submit a ticket at http://support.precisonmanuals.com

Just one question for my own curiosity:  What are integrity lights?

Dan Downs KCRP

he is talking about integral panel lights.. i have observed this in the 744 even before the big update.. the 777 doesnt have this issue.. there is only one light intensity for the 777 (0 or 100).. but in the 744 series, it can be continually increased as u spin the knob.. but the intensity is too low.. i have raised this issue in other posts too.. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

Yeah, I have this problem too - 777 works, 744 & 748 not (just bought the Queen before the release of the -8).

Even turning the integral lights up full shows me nothing, floods work though.

Cheers,

Erich Kargl

48 minutes ago, downscc said:

Marc, full names on all posts here please.  Also, the only way to communicate directly with PMDG is at PMDG Product Support.  This is a user forum, and although given a complete description of your problem other users may suggest a solution, you have directed your post to PMDG.  Please open a support account and submit a ticket at http://support.precisonmanuals.com

Just one question for my own curiosity:  What are integrity lights?

Sorry for the inconvenience! I have corrected my post.
I filed a ticket and their answer was to check the "new lighting settings in the fmc".

Does anybody have a clue where to find these settings? I am searching like stupid and can't seem to find it.

Cheers,

Marc Hotul

PMDG Options > Simulation > pg 7/10

Dan Downs KCRP

Alright guys. I guess I solved it.

I adjusted both values to 100 and tried the different HDR adjustment levels.

Without HDR activated in P3D I had absolutely no effect. Activating HDR and putting it to HIGH only improved it marginally.

I then deactivated HDR again (as I usually fly without it), set it back to NO adjustment level and reloaded the plane. To be precise I switched from the -8 to the -400.

Suddenly it works like a charm. Tried switching back to the -8 and works too.
Thanks for all the input!

Have a great day folks.

Marc Hotul

It is really weird, upping the integral lights to 100 helped somewhat (the value has to be entered into the flood lights LSK though, there seems to be a crossover between these two settings) and now the lights are visible when it is dark outside.

During dusk & dawn they are barely readable though, I have to enable the floods for that - the 777 doesn't have this problem.

So, am I looking at 'realism' (e.g. use floods during transition periods) or 'rendering/intensity' problems?

Cheers,

Erich Kargl

Edited by LibraryMan

1 hour ago, vin747 said:

there is only one light intensity for the 777 (0 or 100).. but in the 744 series, it can be continually increased

This is not true. Both the 777 and the 747 (also the 737NGX) have variable intensity set by rotating the knob.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Marc,

I assume you have set the PANEL LTS DEFAULT LV to 100.

This makes no real difference. It just determines the position that the dimmer switch will be turned when you turn on panel lights by a keyboard shortcut. So when you hit "shift+L" to turn all all cockpit lights (floods & integral lights) the integral lights will be turned on at full intensity. The default value was 85% I think.

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

1 hour ago, mfrantz said:

This is not true. Both the 777 and the 747 (also the 737NGX) have variable intensity set by rotating the knob.

I was about to post the same, but I think he might be perhaps confusing the MASTER setting's functionality. Without clicking that middle button of the master, you're unable to individually set the lighting (or the effect is minimal, anyway). Perhaps that's it.

Kyle Rodgers

4 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

I was about to post the same, but I think he might be perhaps confusing the MASTER setting's functionality. Without clicking that middle button of the master, you're unable to individually set the lighting (or the effect is minimal, anyway). Perhaps that's it.

Yes exactly, this must be it. I forgot about the master dim.

Michael Frantzeskakis

devteam.jpg

okay, i toggled the HDR ON/OFF and deleted all my shaders and restarted my sim.. now the problem is fixed! The 744 and 748 integral lights are super bright! 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.