Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

GPU not disconnecting

I imagine this is my fault, but want to know if there is a way to unstick the grayed out "Disconnecting" on the Ground Power?
I removed the chocks before I disconnected the GPU and it went into this state....but the TUG never comes by to pick it up and disconnect.

Tried putting chocks back in and cycling a few things.  Do not want to reset the plane as I just got the flightpan and all the parameters loaded....ugh.  Is there a fix without reloading the plane? 

9jRR4i.jpg

I'll put in a a ticket if need be, but wanted to see if there was a quick fix other's have discovered first.  I'm pretty sure I saw Lomaric flying around with a GPU connected as he too encountered it (while in beta)

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

This makes me feel a little better.  I've had this exact thing happen during beta testing but because it couldn't be repeated (sometimes it works and sometimes its stuck on disconnecting) it was hard to fix.

The trick to unstick the disconnecting state is to go into the aircraft options and hide all service vehicles, then reset to show all or what ever your setting was.  It might work by changing between animation and instant connection, but toggling the service vehicles on and off will work.

A ticket would be nice too.... it's already been open in the bug tracking system once.  Let's reopen it!

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

2 minutes ago, downscc said:

This makes me feel a little better.  I've had this exact thing happen during beta testing but because it couldn't be repeated (sometimes it works and sometimes its stuck on disconnecting) it was hard to fix.

The trick to unstick the disconnecting state is to go into the aircraft options and hide all service vehicles, then reset to show all or what ever your setting was.  It might work by changing between animation and instant connection, but toggling the service vehicles on and off will work.

A ticket would be nice too.... it's already been open in the bug tracking system once.  Let's reopen it!

Will put in a ticket Dan.

Didnt get a chance to try all the things you suggested...The GPU taxied with me...but when I lifted off it vanished....the access door is open on the visual model though while in flight (but no warnings in the cockpit)

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

I imagine this is my fault, but want to know if there is a way to unstick the grayed out "Disconnecting" on the Ground Power?
I removed the chocks before I disconnected the GPU and it went into this state....but the TUG never comes by to pick it up and disconnect.

Tried putting chocks back in and cycling a few things.  Do not want to reset the plane as I just got the flightpan and all the parameters loaded....ugh.  Is there a fix without reloading the plane? 

9jRR4i.jpg

I'll put in a a ticket if need be, but wanted to see if there was a quick fix other's have discovered first.  I'm pretty sure I saw Lomaric flying around with a GPU connected as he too encountered it (while in beta)

This isn't just a -8 thing. Had it happen to a 400 a few weeks back. Never happened again.

• Like 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

17 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

This isn't just a -8 thing. Had it happen to a 400 a few weeks back. Never happened again.

Yeah I figured...just never happened to me personally on the 744.  The good thing is that it did go away after liftoff.....I can't imagine the drag penalty of taking the GPU to Dallas with me.🤣 

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Just now, Steve Dra said:

Yeah I figured...just never happened to me personally on the 744.  The good thing is that it did go away after liftoff.....I can't imagine the drag penalty of taking the GPU to Dallas with me.🤣 

Yeah and the landing would be a little too exciting.

Dan Downs KCRP

Steve,

Interesting.  we have seen a few rports of this but haven't been able to duplicate it yet.

We're digging.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I've had this happen to me in the -400. In the in CDU, I just turned ground animation off then back on and it cleared up. It only happened to me once. I was not using GSX.

David Warner

BetaTeamB.png

I have created a ticket for this and will be sending my panel states to the support team.. But yeah the exact same problem as what you have reported.. 

And yes I'm using gsx.. It used to work fine before the update.. 

I did uninstall 744 before the big update.. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

Newest gsx level 2 version.. 

Vinod Kumar

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

2 minutes ago, vin747 said:

Newest gsx level 2 version.. 

Any way to temporarily disable it to see if that resolves it?

Kyle Rodgers

5 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Steve,

Interesting.  we have seen a few rports of this but haven't been able to duplicate it yet.

We're digging.

Only happened to me the one time....never for me on the 744.

I have GSX 2 installed.

Kyle if it happens again l will disable it and test again.

I was at Flightbeam KSFO when it occurred if that matters.

Fresh complete uninstall of both 744 base and 748 as of this morning due to no landing gear issue...suggested by Paul. This after a successful initial install yesteday.. Woke up this morning to the issue outta the blue

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Ok, did some more testing.. didnt try to disable GSX but this is what i found after testing: 

Both the 744 & 748 have this GPU disconnect issue. In fact all connections in that page are not resettable.. only wheel chocks can be toggled on/off.. not the other devices.. i'm also not able to change type of GPU.. e.g, cannot change from dual to single gpu plug.. 

In the 777, it is perfectly well behaved.. all the devices in ground connection page can be toggled on/off as many times as you want.. very robust, no issues.. 

Vinod Kumar