Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

GPU not disconnecting

I have had this issue myself in the 744, and for me it worked to change the ground connection to disappear instantly, instead of real time, in the option pages. 

Gert Barring

this problem seems to have fixed itself somehow.. i tested both on 744 and 748.. now i'm able to disconnect and reconnect GPU etc..  dont know what changed.. but its working fine now.. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

I have this issue as well, not only with the GPU, but with all the ground vehicles and I've noticed that sometimes I don't even get the grey "disconnecting" message. I click on the correspondent LSK buttons forever, nada.
I had this on the 400 too, but it was just ocassionally. Now on the -8 it's almost every flight, but sometimes it doesn't happens. Can't reproduce though.

Edit: I have the GSX (version 1), but don't use it.

Edited by MauB

Mauricio Brentano

17 minutes ago, MauB said:

I click on the correspondent LSK buttons forever, nada.

Try something different:  To reset the service vehicles go into the PMDG Options > Simulation menu and select HIDE ALL for service vehicles then reset to your settings such as SHOW ALL.  This resets all the service vehicle logic.

I assume this problem is associated with removing the chocks while there are ground connections or service vehicles present.  Try not doing that.

Dan Downs KCRP

25 minutes ago, downscc said:

Try something different:  To reset the service vehicles go into the PMDG Options > Simulation menu and select HIDE ALL for service vehicles then reset to your settings such as SHOW ALL.  This resets all the service vehicle logic.

I assume this problem is associated with removing the chocks while there are ground connections or service vehicles present.  Try not doing that.

Tried this, no good. Didn't touch the ground chocks at all. The strange thing is the aircraft flies with an invisible GPU connected Lol. Both external power avail lights are ON, and I'm at 37000ft dragging an invisible power cart through the virtual skies.

Mauricio Brentano

2 hours ago, MauB said:

Tried this, no good. Didn't touch the ground chocks at all. The strange thing is the aircraft flies with an invisible GPU connected Lol. Both external power avail lights are ON, and I'm at 37000ft dragging an invisible power cart through the virtual skies.

That sounds more like a corrupted panel state. 

Dan Downs KCRP

On 9/28/2018 at 5:52 PM, downscc said:

That sounds more like a corrupted panel state. 

Deleted all panels states, made new one, same issue.
I've noticed a bunch of strange issues with ground service objects options on the FMC menus, I'm uploading a video right now and will post here as soon as it gets online. I'll open a support ticket as well.

Edit: Video is online just now. Give it some time to better quality...

This is with a remade panel state, aircraft on GPU, chocks on, brakes off, IRS are still aligning, "long" turnaround state.
Don't get why the "Pilots in Ext View" could interfere on the ground vehicles...really odd.

Edited by MauB

Mauricio Brentano

Mauricio,

It seems that something is gone very wrong with the ground vehicles. We need to know how this starts.

How did you activated this "remade panel state"? Was it saved as a P3D flight? Or was it loaded from the panel state load option of the CDU (in which case what was the sate of the aircraft before loading it)?

With which version was this "remade panel state" created?

Please contact support, explain exactly how you initiated this flight and send them all the relevant the panel state files and P3D saved flight files (if they apply). Once I get these files I will try to reproduce and fix this.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

I don't have this panel state problem anymore.. What I did was delete all panel states and made a new panel state where nothing was connected.. And then made that my default state.. Now I'm able to connect and disconnect gpu without a problem.. MauB - maybe you can try doing that as a short term fix.. This will not be a powered state, but a complete cold and dark.. 

Vinod Kumar

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

I'm on the latest version of the 747 and p3d 4.3.

Vinod Kumar

5 hours ago, mfrantz said:

Mauricio,

It seems that something is gone very wrong with the ground vehicles. We need to know how this starts.

How did you activated this "remade panel state"? Was it saved as a P3D flight? Or was it loaded from the panel state load option of the CDU (in which case what was the sate of the aircraft before loading it)?

With which version was this "remade panel state" created?

Please contact support, explain exactly how you initiated this flight and send them all the relevant the panel state files and P3D saved flight files (if they apply). Once I get these files I will try to reproduce and fix this.

Will do tomorrow Michael thank you, I'm just preparing a step by step with all my actions, just to make sense.

3 hours ago, vin747 said:

I don't have this panel state problem anymore.. What I did was delete all panel states and made a new panel state where nothing was connected.. And then made that my default state.. Now I'm able to connect and disconnect gpu without a problem.. MauB - maybe you can try doing that as a short term fix.. This will not be a powered state, but a complete cold and dark.. 

Hey Vinod, with the "default state" (engines running) which have nothing connected the problem doesn't happens.
It only happens with a saved state (a self made one, as I've deleted all the default ones which had the same issue).
I'm on the latest 747 version on P3D v4.3 as well. Thanks!

Mauricio Brentano

Ya, mine is a self made saved state as well.. And it's cold and dark with nothing connected.. I also deleted all pmdg panel states.. So you can try saving your state with nothing connected and make that your default state.. What you described is you had gpu connected when you saved your state.. 

Vinod Kumar

Well gentleman, good and bad, during my step-by-step troubleshoot process, I did a new self made panel state and the problem is gone. Good because the problem is gone (at least for now), bad I can't file a support ticket about the issue now and don't have a clue on what was causing this LOL.
I've tested literally 20 times, starting and closing the sim at different locations, pretending I'm doing a normal flight until the moment I would close the cargo doors and diconnect the GPU, and the issue is not happening anymore. So, perhaps a gremlin somewhere was messing with my panel states before and now it vanished.

BUT...it seems there is some issue with the "Pilots In Ext View" option. When you click on this LSK menu option, apart from doing its thing of hidding and showing the hadsome pilots 😂, it also changes the values for the LSK below it ("Ground Service Objects"). For this one I can open a ticket if needed.😉

Mauricio Brentano

1 hour ago, MauB said:

it also changes the values for the LSK below it ("Ground Service Objects"). For this one I can open a ticket if needed

Mauricio,

No need to open a ticket. Bug found and fixed for the next update.

• Like 1

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

4 minutes ago, mfrantz said:

Mauricio,

No need to open a ticket. Bug found and fixed for the next update.

Great! Thank you Michael!

Mauricio Brentano