Steve Dra

GPU not disconnecting

I imagine this is my fault, but want to know if there is a way to unstick the grayed out "Disconnecting" on the Ground Power?
I removed the chocks before I disconnected the GPU and it went into this state....but the TUG never comes by to pick it up and disconnect.

Tried putting chocks back in and cycling a few things.  Do not want to reset the plane as I just got the flightpan and all the parameters loaded....ugh.  Is there a fix without reloading the plane? 

9jRR4i.jpg

I'll put in a a ticket if need be, but wanted to see if there was a quick fix other's have discovered first.  I'm pretty sure I saw Lomaric flying around with a GPU connected as he too encountered it (while in beta)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This makes me feel a little better.  I've had this exact thing happen during beta testing but because it couldn't be repeated (sometimes it works and sometimes its stuck on disconnecting) it was hard to fix.

The trick to unstick the disconnecting state is to go into the aircraft options and hide all service vehicles, then reset to show all or what ever your setting was.  It might work by changing between animation and instant connection, but toggling the service vehicles on and off will work.

A ticket would be nice too.... it's already been open in the bug tracking system once.  Let's reopen it!

Edited by downscc

2 minutes ago, downscc said:

This makes me feel a little better.  I've had this exact thing happen during beta testing but because it couldn't be repeated (sometimes it works and sometimes its stuck on disconnecting) it was hard to fix.

The trick to unstick the disconnecting state is to go into the aircraft options and hide all service vehicles, then reset to show all or what ever your setting was.  It might work by changing between animation and instant connection, but toggling the service vehicles on and off will work.

A ticket would be nice too.... it's already been open in the bug tracking system once.  Let's reopen it!

Will put in a ticket Dan.

Didnt get a chance to try all the things you suggested...The GPU taxied with me...but when I lifted off it vanished....the access door is open on the visual model though while in flight (but no warnings in the cockpit)

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

I imagine this is my fault, but want to know if there is a way to unstick the grayed out "Disconnecting" on the Ground Power?
I removed the chocks before I disconnected the GPU and it went into this state....but the TUG never comes by to pick it up and disconnect.

Tried putting chocks back in and cycling a few things.  Do not want to reset the plane as I just got the flightpan and all the parameters loaded....ugh.  Is there a fix without reloading the plane? 

9jRR4i.jpg

I'll put in a a ticket if need be, but wanted to see if there was a quick fix other's have discovered first.  I'm pretty sure I saw Lomaric flying around with a GPU connected as he too encountered it (while in beta)

This isn't just a -8 thing. Had it happen to a 400 a few weeks back. Never happened again.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

This isn't just a -8 thing. Had it happen to a 400 a few weeks back. Never happened again.

Yeah I figured...just never happened to me personally on the 744.  The good thing is that it did go away after liftoff.....I can't imagine the drag penalty of taking the GPU to Dallas with me.🤣 

Just now, Steve Dra said:

Yeah I figured...just never happened to me personally on the 744.  The good thing is that it did go away after liftoff.....I can't imagine the drag penalty of taking the GPU to Dallas with me.🤣 

Yeah and the landing would be a little too exciting.

Just loaded up and it worked.

Any of you using GSX?

Steve,

Interesting.  we have seen a few rports of this but haven't been able to duplicate it yet.

We're digging.

I've had this happen to me in the -400. In the in CDU, I just turned ground animation off then back on and it cleared up. It only happened to me once. I was not using GSX.

I have created a ticket for this and will be sending my panel states to the support team.. But yeah the exact same problem as what you have reported.. 

And yes I'm using gsx.. It used to work fine before the update.. 

I did uninstall 744 before the big update.. 

Using the newest GSXv2 or whatever it is, or just the older version?

2 minutes ago, vin747 said:

Newest gsx level 2 version.. 

Any way to temporarily disable it to see if that resolves it?

5 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Steve,

Interesting.  we have seen a few rports of this but haven't been able to duplicate it yet.

We're digging.

Only happened to me the one time....never for me on the 744.

I have GSX 2 installed.

Kyle if it happens again l will disable it and test again.

I was at Flightbeam KSFO when it occurred if that matters.

Fresh complete uninstall of both 744 base and 748 as of this morning due to no landing gear issue...suggested by Paul. This after a successful initial install yesteday.. Woke up this morning to the issue outta the blue

Ok, did some more testing.. didnt try to disable GSX but this is what i found after testing: 

Both the 744 & 748 have this GPU disconnect issue. In fact all connections in that page are not resettable.. only wheel chocks can be toggled on/off.. not the other devices.. i'm also not able to change type of GPU.. e.g, cannot change from dual to single gpu plug.. 

In the 777, it is perfectly well behaved.. all the devices in ground connection page can be toggled on/off as many times as you want.. very robust, no issues.. 

I have had this issue myself in the 744, and for me it worked to change the ground connection to disappear instantly, instead of real time, in the option pages. 

Gert Barring

this problem seems to have fixed itself somehow.. i tested both on 744 and 748.. now i'm able to disconnect and reconnect GPU etc..  dont know what changed.. but its working fine now.. 

I have this issue as well, not only with the GPU, but with all the ground vehicles and I've noticed that sometimes I don't even get the grey "disconnecting" message. I click on the correspondent LSK buttons forever, nada.
I had this on the 400 too, but it was just ocassionally. Now on the -8 it's almost every flight, but sometimes it doesn't happens. Can't reproduce though.

Edit: I have the GSX (version 1), but don't use it.

Edited by MauB

17 minutes ago, MauB said:

I click on the correspondent LSK buttons forever, nada.

Try something different:  To reset the service vehicles go into the PMDG Options > Simulation menu and select HIDE ALL for service vehicles then reset to your settings such as SHOW ALL.  This resets all the service vehicle logic.

I assume this problem is associated with removing the chocks while there are ground connections or service vehicles present.  Try not doing that.

25 minutes ago, downscc said:

Try something different:  To reset the service vehicles go into the PMDG Options > Simulation menu and select HIDE ALL for service vehicles then reset to your settings such as SHOW ALL.  This resets all the service vehicle logic.

I assume this problem is associated with removing the chocks while there are ground connections or service vehicles present.  Try not doing that.

Tried this, no good. Didn't touch the ground chocks at all. The strange thing is the aircraft flies with an invisible GPU connected Lol. Both external power avail lights are ON, and I'm at 37000ft dragging an invisible power cart through the virtual skies.

2 hours ago, MauB said:

Tried this, no good. Didn't touch the ground chocks at all. The strange thing is the aircraft flies with an invisible GPU connected Lol. Both external power avail lights are ON, and I'm at 37000ft dragging an invisible power cart through the virtual skies.

That sounds more like a corrupted panel state. 

On 9/28/2018 at 5:52 PM, downscc said:

That sounds more like a corrupted panel state. 

Deleted all panels states, made new one, same issue.
I've noticed a bunch of strange issues with ground service objects options on the FMC menus, I'm uploading a video right now and will post here as soon as it gets online. I'll open a support ticket as well.

Edit: Video is online just now. Give it some time to better quality...

This is with a remade panel state, aircraft on GPU, chocks on, brakes off, IRS are still aligning, "long" turnaround state.
Don't get why the "Pilots in Ext View" could interfere on the ground vehicles...really odd.

Edited by MauB

Mauricio,

It seems that something is gone very wrong with the ground vehicles. We need to know how this starts.

How did you activated this "remade panel state"? Was it saved as a P3D flight? Or was it loaded from the panel state load option of the CDU (in which case what was the sate of the aircraft before loading it)?

With which version was this "remade panel state" created?

Please contact support, explain exactly how you initiated this flight and send them all the relevant the panel state files and P3D saved flight files (if they apply). Once I get these files I will try to reproduce and fix this.

I don't have this panel state problem anymore.. What I did was delete all panel states and made a new panel state where nothing was connected.. And then made that my default state.. Now I'm able to connect and disconnect gpu without a problem.. MauB - maybe you can try doing that as a short term fix.. This will not be a powered state, but a complete cold and dark.. 

I'm on the latest version of the 747 and p3d 4.3.