Sign in to follow this  
Gabe777

Why Does Microsoft Know Better Than Us ? Updates Destructive

I wonder how they are going to enforce these charges? Isn’t it more likely that this will encourage bad practice whereby many (could be talking millions) users choose to run without security update patching from Microsoft and instead rely more heavily on their antivirus/anti-malware products for ongoing protective measures?

Mike

MS pulled this garbage with the company I was with some years back when Windows Server 2003 went out of support.  It was beyond punitive.

Year One: $1.2M

Year Two: $2.4M

Year Three: $3.6M

And the kicker....these patches weren't any different from company to company.  Hypothetically, if Ford was the first customer to pay for the production of these patches, then every other company that came after was pure gravy train money for MS since every company received the same monthly patches.

7 hours ago, Ted Striker said:

The best holiday present I could get was LM announcing that they were going to make a Linux version. I could be rid of Microsoft entirely then.

Ted

If it happens,Ted, I for one wll jump for joy getting rid of MS!

7 hours ago, Cruachan said:

all those worthy Windows 7 users would lock MS out of the equation for evermore

Spot-on, Mike

Take a look at the latest Windows 10 user interface with the latest Updates which are picture icons that link to MS's sell tactics that wiped out my previous Classic Shell Start menu, which is when I hardened my attitude towards MS.

For all of those complaining about enforced driver updates, you can easily disable driver updates and just leave the critical updates active (these are essential in my opinion): https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10. I've done this since installing Windows 10 and have had no issues with driver over-writes.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Lol.

Latest update - "Win 10 Deleting user files".

How I fell off my chair.

How I am SO pleased that I went out a couple of weeks ago, and purchased Win 10 "Pro" allowing me to temporarily delay (for up to 365 days), these parasitic updates .. to what is THE most ill-judged, poorly conceived operating system (with its retarded update strategy), in the history of computing.

So, I was being a drama queen, was I, starting this thread ?

Yeah, of course I was.

UNSUBSCRIBED...... nothing left to say.