Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

PMDG website - requires Reset Password repeatedly!?

I downloaded the newest version of the 744 QOTS2 for FSX as per Robert Randazzo's recommendation.

Upon attempting to login, a message from the site stated:

"We upgraded our login system to make it more secure. Please reset your password before logging in.

Enter your registered e-mail address below to receive the reset password link and then use it to reset your password".

So I did this and gained entry. This was 24 hours ago.

I forgot to grab a copy of my license key whilst downloading the newer version of the 744 . 24 hours later, I just attempted to login to the site again to grab the license key, and lo and behold, the PMDG site has issued the same message yet again?

Can someone please explain/elaborate on this?

PS:I didn't want to go to the trouble of resetting a password yet again, just to log a support ticket and/or grab my license key. 

Thanks & regards,

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

15 minutes ago, XCLTM3 said:

Can someone please explain/elaborate on this?

Likely means that the change never took and your password never updated. Did you try a different browser?

Kyle Rodgers

9 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Likely means that the change never took and your password never updated. Did you try a different browser?

The password reset/change/update was confirmed via email and the fact that I was able to access the site finally and grab the new download.

Problem is, it's asking me to reset again......even after all I did prior?

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

yes... but there is a reason why he asked for a different browser..

nevertheless: cache cleared, cookies deleted? Sometimes the browser shares old data with a website and the website thinks you‘re using old (and therefore wrong) login data.. and some browsers behave strange at all...

6 hours ago, XCLTM3 said:

Problem is, it's asking me to reset again......even after all I did prior?

Weird. Not seeing this here, and it's not reported widespread.

I'm with Marc - have you cleared your cache, deleted temp files and all of that?

Kyle Rodgers

13 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Weird. Not seeing this here, and it's not reported widespread.

I'm with Marc - have you cleared your cache, deleted temp files and all of that?

No, I didn't clear cache and delete temp files etc I just went through the procedure again ie reset password in order to retrieve my license key. Agree it's weird, but not experiencing this elsewhere.

Will at some point clear cache and delete temp files etc and see the outcome.

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers