Sign in to follow this  
xkoote

Hot glowing brakes

Hello,

just did a RTOW return on Max Autobrakes. Simulating an uncontrollable fire. Stopped on the runway, the temps flew to 7.0 and one tire burst. However from the outside, all brakes were their usual color. No glowing hot brakes. Running P3Dv4.3. AmI missing a setting or something?

Cheers,

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

All I have installed nowadays is ENVTEX and ENVSHADE. Just cleared the shader cache as well due to the new driver release. After about 6 minutes, I had 5 blown tires and temp units hovering around 8.0 with no change in color outside.

It’s not that I land with all eyes pointing to the discs, so it’s no urgent matter. But I always loved my Triple, and with the Queen hogging the limelight, I find myself looking for the little things that made it so great...

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

1 minute ago, xkoote said:

All I have installed nowadays is ENVTEX and ENVSHADE. Just cleared the shader cache as well due to the new driver release. After about 6 minutes, I had 5 blown tires and temp units hovering around 8.0 with no change in color outside.

It’s not that I land with all eyes pointing to the discs, so it’s no urgent matter. But I always loved my Triple, and with the Queen hogging the limelight, I find myself looking for the little things that made it so great...

Just realized this is a 777 thread and not a 747 one. I think one of the updates broke this visual effect in the 777. Should be updated when we re-visit it to make it compatible with PMDG Global Flight Operations and so on.

Kyle Rodgers

3 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Just realized this is a 777 thread and not a 747 one. I think one of the updates broke this visual effect in the 777. Should be updated when we re-visit it to make it compatible with PMDG Global Flight Operations and so on.

Understood Kyle. Even I, who can just glance and skip at will gets lost in the myriad of posts.

Had a RAAS issue for the longest time. After a good amount of cursing, floating question marks over my head, a LOT of research and reading and 12 restarts later I finally got it working today. Sometimes you see some posts in which the square root of 0.0 effort has been made before posting...

Cheers,

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777