Sign in to follow this  
kdfw__

QW787 update 1.1.2 out

So...is it flyable now? 

My understanding that the only way to avoid WXR CTD is not to activate it, correct?

"Additionally, a considerable amount of work went into improving LNAV/VNAV, performance and the product stability. The latter unfortunately is an extremely complex topic. We have been able to resolve many issues that cause CTDs (some in relation to the weather radar)..."

42 minutes ago, kurtb said:

We have been able to resolve many issues that cause CTDs (some in relation to the weather radar)..."

I don't understand what that means..  So not all CTD's  when using the weather radar are  fixed?

Otherwise a seemingly good update.

well I had 2 CTD'S now with weather radar on, trying now without it, I reinstalled and chose the option to send CTD report!!!

strange enough, CTD'S came when I switched cockpit views, using chaseplane !

19 minutes ago, kurtb said:

strange enough, CTD'S came when I switched cockpit views, using chaseplane !

I also had this on the 1.1.1. 

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Sounds like the CTDs are very complicated and specific to some. I have never got a CTD even with wx radar on. 

Great to see their commitment to making it a better and better product and attempting to fix the issues.  Finally have a ZFW and more custom inputs to the payload in the EFB.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Just finished flying across the pond with the new update. First time flying with Weather Radar. No issues at all. Aircraft has better performance (for me). I was able to use landing lights without getting the slide show. Aircraft is also much smoother. EFB is way better and derate\takeoff calculations are more accurate. 

Biggest fix that I saw: The aircraft actually follows VNAV\LNAV path correctly and captures the LOC\GS perfectly. 

They did a really great job on this update.

Edited by Tino
  • Like 4

Sante Sottile

1 hour ago, Tino said:

Just finished flying across the pond with the new update. First time flying with Weather Radar. No issues at all. Aircraft has better performance (for me). I was able to use landing lights without getting the slide show. Aircraft is also much smoother. EFB is way better and derate\takeoff calculations are more accurate. 

Biggest fix that I saw: The aircraft actually follows VNAV\LNAV path correctly and captures the LOC\GS perfectly. 

They did a really great job on this update.

Did you come across any issue related to TOD positioning in ND or vertical profile ?

Or was pointed after TOD ?

Bilal Asif Khan

7 hours ago, American 833 Heavy said:

Nevermind, Ernie answered on your forum. 

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

1 hour ago, biloo said:

Did you come across any issue related to TOD positioning in ND or vertical profile ?

Or was pointed after TOD ?

TOD was fine. The only issue I saw was TOC. The TOC indicator was a little off. (About 10nm ahead of where it should be). Other than that. TOD worked normally.

Sante Sottile

This is a beautiful plane inside and out. But I've had numerous CTDS. I had to hangar it. Hopefully this update will resolve some of the issues. 

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Gauge refresh rate is still laughably slow and the font they're using is still bad. Why are the things users stare at the most the worst things about this add-on?

No crashes here on updated version, with or without WX on, so that's good. It's still a bit of an FPS hog, but not unmanageable.

My personal peeve on the QW 787 - the anti-collision beacons still being laughably weedy in comparison to the real thing - not addressed. The real 787's anti-collision beacons are a really bright red, even in daylight, check this pic I took of a TUI 787 at EGCC taxying past me whilst I was working on a TC A330. Notice how vivid those anti-collision beacons are, this is a really noticable feature of the B787:

ijQaNkM.jpg

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here