Sign in to follow this  
Guest victorwest

Cockpit visits in Canada?

On Thursday, I'll be flying from CYVR to CYOW on business--on an Air Canada A320--and from CYOW back to CYVR on Sunday on an A330-300.I know that it is no longer possible to request a cockpit visit while flying in the USA, but I've heard that things are a little more relaxed in Canada.Does anyone know if it's possible to visit the cockpit on a commercial airliner in Canada OR has anyone visited the cockpit while flying in Canada?Cheers!Joel

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Guest Ken_Salter

Thread cleaned up - please no political, religious, ethnic discussions. This isn't about political correctness either.

Guest Keks

Some freaks, they call themself "Justplanes", enter cockpits quite easily ... Become a Video-Marketing fuzzy helps ...

those aren't freaks, if they were they'd not get the clearance needed...To be allowed to enter the cockpit during flight they will now need background checks, permission from highup in the airlines AND aviation authorities, prior appointments, etc. etc.It's not like they turn up at a gate with 3 guys, 2 cameras and a series of microphones and just ask the gate attendant "hey mam, we're here to make a documentary about this flight. Would you be so kind to inform the captain we'll be in the cockpit shortly".

Guest victorwest

I would suggest that anyone that wants to get up front should stick on a uniform, flourish their FS9 flying lesson certificates and loudly exclaim "I'm a fully qualified aviator, don't you know!". :-lol Victor