Sign in to follow this  
henningv

747-400 v3 installer not work

I'm having a weird problem with my PMDG installers. I just downloaded the new 747-400 v3 and and when I try to run the installers,, but the nothing happens. I tried disabling Windows Defender, running the programs as an administrator, or in Windows compatibility mode, nothing worked. 747-400 v2 ran without a single problem... That's a really weird issue. Anybody have a solution for this ?

5 hours ago, henningv said:

I'm having a weird problem with my PMDG installers. I just downloaded the new 747-400 v3 and and when I try to run the installers,, but the nothing happens. I tried disabling Windows Defender, running the programs as an administrator, or in Windows compatibility mode, nothing worked. 747-400 v2 ran without a single problem... That's a really weird issue. Anybody have a solution for this ?

I ran into this a couple months ago. It was being caused by Windows (their active scan / User Account Control functions). It didn't resolve until the next Windows update rolled out.

The only solution was to run the installer and just wait for it to pop up, which occasionally took quite a while (15-20 min).

Kyle Rodgers

your installer has a virus i have bulguard. i cant install 747v3 i have try to install more end 10 times some times the installer do it finish when i restart my computer and open fsx the 747v3 is not show op in the game i browse to simobjekt and i can see the 747v3 files are there and bulgard has removed som bad files. PMDG Operations Center is blank  and i cant use it.i have tryed to close bulgard meanwile i indstaled the 747v3 and the same happens. there was no problems with 747v2 at all and my other PMDG produckt

sorry my english you have to help me out of this word not allowed

Your anti virus program is wrong.  It is not unusual for AV to kill anything that is not widely used, Norton is known to do that.  You'll have to either control the AV or remove it.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, henningv said:

your installer has a virus i have bulguard

False positive.

Kyle Rodgers

first, everyting was fine before update my anti virus program  was not a problems, now, installer is not working so the problems is yours you have to do something with the  installer

4 hours ago, henningv said:

installer is not working so the problems is yours you have to do something with the  installer

Okay, so how did I along with a lot of other people manage to get it to work just fine.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

4 hours ago, henningv said:

first, everyting was fine before update my anti virus program  was not a problems, now, installer is not working so the problems is yours you have to do something with the  installer

I'm going to push back here, honestly, and lean back to some basic premises of logic:

Before you updated your anti-virus, everything worked fine.

After you updated your anti-virus, things stopped working.

The most basic understandings of the scientific method, and logic, would point to the changed variable (your AV update) as the issue. It's falsely intercepting the installer as malicious, simply because it's not in the master list of commonly-known installers. To be honest, I'm not sure why anyone would pay for anti-virus anymore, since Win comes with its own, which is more than capable, and rarely gets in the way. The aftermarket AV programs, as you can see here, are overly aggressive. I honestly think that these aftermarket programs attempt to justify you paying for them by being overly aggressive, in the same way a cat brings dead animals home to prove their worth...even though you never wanted it to go out and kill things anyway, because it's unnecessary.

Set the AV to be less aggressive, or find some way to allow it to run the installer. You're the only one reporting this, though, so that needs to be factored into this discussion. If it were truly a virus, you'd see issues reported about that all over the forum. This isn't the case.

Kyle Rodgers

sorry im littel bit wrong. i mean . everyting was fine before you update to 747v3. My anti virus program  was not a problems, now, installer is not working so the problems is yours you have to do something with the  installer But im have now removed Bullgard and everything is fine now. but i have no anti virus now therefor i ask you do you use anti virus if yes what do you use ? so i dont meet this problems again

5 minutes ago, henningv said:

But im have now removed Bullgard and everything is fine now.

Right, as mentioned, it was a problem with your AV. Do note that your AV software is constantly updating itself, so your comment that it was okay before the update doesn't mean that your AV program hadn't updated itself a dozen times in the meantime.

6 minutes ago, henningv said:

but i have no anti virus now therefor i ask you do you use anti virus if yes what do you use ? so i dont meet this problems again

This is not true. If you're using Windows, then you have Windows Defender.

Start > type "defender" and hit enter to get the settings menu. Turn it on if it's not yet on.

Kyle Rodgers

I am having installer issues as well. Enclosed I have added the message I get.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747-400\texture.common400GE\pmd857A.tmo

Error:The system cannot find the file specified

Ryan Spellman 

Think  your  issue  is  that  you have  installed  your  flight  sim  in the  default  program  and  not  outside it.  have  you  tried  installing  it  with  admin  rights  with uac  turned  off

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Decided to update my 747-400 with the recent update and cannot uninstall from windows or install update like as been stated. Using win10 64bit build16299.rs3_release_svc.180808-1748. Can run any downloaded file or any exe file on my comp except the  747 update installer. So people will say its your computer - but what is wrong with it.

IF anyone knows would be obliged because MR. GOOGLE doesnt -been searching a week so thought I would try the experts.

tried installer on another machine which give me a natural error of no fltsim but worked correctelly

All the best - denis brown

Edited by bursco